PDA

View Full Version : Updated ECU Golf 130 GT TDI (2002) /ASZ

arena432
10-03-2005, 06:46 PM
When the car was started from cold it used to judder and miss slightly which i knew was not normal.

I booked it into main dealers under warranty and the outcome was the ECU wanted updating.

A week later it was fitted (the bill should of been around £700 all in) the car is ok now when cold but sometimes when almost at normal temp it misses slightly, i was told off another forum to let it adjust to the new environment

I am thinking it could well be a bit of air in the fuel system as the fuel filter was changed recently as well, i will wait and see if this is the cause.

Went to work this morning all ok when cold / all ok at normal temp / no missing or anything/ again all ok tonite, will keep you posted.

Thanks Ian.

stuart
10-03-2005, 06:58 PM
Hi arena432

Thanks for the update, I do know that any ECU has to settle in a little when anything is changed. I have a friend that has a turbo Leon with Revo performance update, which allows you to later the settings, and after almost any change, you do have to wait a while for it to realign to the driving style.

Stuart

arena432
10-03-2005, 07:23 PM
cheers stuart

Ian. :beerchug: