PDA

View Full Version : Transporter T5 central locking (fitting an alarm)

iamrinswind
04-05-2008, 12:32 PM
Hi all, hope someone can help,

I'm fitting an alarm to my 2004 T5 transporter and need help with the central locking. The instructions for the alarm state how to wire it up for different locking types

Positive trigger
Negative trigger
Single Wire
Vacuum locking
Additional motor locking
Universal motor driven locking.

Does anyone know which one the T5 uses so I can have an idea where to start???

(Would be even better if any one has done this/ knows the colours of the lock/unlock wires.)

Many thanks

kenney
04-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Hi I dont think you need any of information you are asking for.For the T5 you will need a Can-bus alarm.

iamrinswind
04-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Hi I dont think you need any of information you are asking for.For the T5 you will need a Can-bus alarm.

Thanks.............. whats a Can-bus alarm?

I have a toad Ai606, am I missing something major?? As I've got this alarm now I would like to fit it......any ideas?

kenney
04-05-2008, 06:09 PM
Easy installation.
- Less connection to the electrical system of the car
- Less time spent on installation
- Safer installation (less possibility of installation errors)

Extended functionality.
- Fully adapted to the car model
- ”Safe Lock” functionality
- Comfort opening/closing of windows
- Alarm by manipulating of door lock cylinders

CAN stands for “Controller Area Network” and as the name indicates, this system integrates small distributed micro controller systems into a complete electronic car system. Currently the CAN system is used by many European cars manufactures.
To be honest i have never heard of a toad ai606.but when you asked how to wire the alarm i thought it best to inform you what type of alarm you need.I think you will have a lot of problems with the conventional type alarm, if in fact you can fit one.Does it say on the instructions which vehicle it is suited to? You can search (defa auto security) and you will get all the info on can bus alarms.

iamrinswind
04-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Thanks..... Now I understand (a little) and I was about to do something really silly with the toad alarm..............

Any recommendations on CANbus alarms for my T5?

I'm gonna go do some research and put the Toad on ebay.

Thanks for the help