PDA

View Full Version : engine light problems

middnick
03-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Hi gang, my engine light problems are still here, the garage that diagnosed the ECU are stumped as to what is causing the problem, even saying that if i went anywhere else (VOLKSTEK) to cure the problem they would not give a refund on the ECU (theres a nice hole in their showroom roof now where I went through it!).

Anyway, I used a code reader from LAND ROVER (I work for a local LAND ROVER dealer), which came up with 'P0170, fuel trim on bank 1'. And having travelled the internet on my phone I found HONESTJOHN.CO.UK, which was most helpful, saying that dirt in the air intake system can cause the engine light to come on.

So I've banged in a bottle of injection/fuel system cleaner which has restored the lost power/mpg (there is 7 years worth of crap in their after all!), but i'm thinking of putting in some water dissplacement stuff, got this idea from VWAUDIFORUM.CO.UK, from a bloke who had the same problem, this cured his car, so why not give it a go, but the engine light is still on (as the LAND ROVER CODE READER cannot turn the light off, off to VOLKSTEK to get the light turned off and sorted, now I know what the code is i'm a bit more relaxed, as it wont kill the car.

Any more ideas are most welcome, you (and briskoda.net and honestjohn.co.uk) have come up trumps in the past, so I look forward to your replies:thumbup: