PDA

View Full Version : Bodywork fault or design fault ?

mandh22222
03-05-2008, 07:21 AM
Took the day off to valet my 06 Eos. Noticed a couple of black 'tar' marks on passenger side door, level with the door handle and right on edge of door lip. Found a clean cloth and with a little appropriate solvent rubbed the edge ( with the door closed ). Stubborn marks so rubbed a little harder, the metal bent and has cracked the paint. Horrified at the damage I had done, took car immediately to local main dealer who photographed damage and e-mailed other dealer in chain with bodyshop. Outcome is they feel I have banged the door against a wall or something and made the whole cleaning story up, even though there is not a sign of any other chips or damage . Not helped evidently by the fact the VW have no numerical code to even begin to process a warranty claim of any kind for this kind of problem.

I know what happened, I was there ! Looking at the design of the door there is quite a large area of unsupported metal in this area which seems to be more flexible than it should be. Be very careful when applying any pressure to it.

Any ideas on the best way to proceed ?

I've had VW's for 30 years solid, mainly Golfs with the odd Passat thrown in and am gutted at VW's attitude.