PDA

View Full Version : Interior lights will not turn off when door closed

hendy00
02-05-2008, 10:41 PM
Hi all and help.

I hve a 2000 mk4 golf gti 1.8t and the problem is this:

Interior lights will not turn off when door is closed or when engine is started or driving. It also will not lock via central locking when using key fob, only from the inside via the lock on the drivers door panel which means i then have to climb over the seats to get out via the passenger door :zx11:. This does not set the alarm. however I can unlock the doors by key fob and manually turn off the interior lights but the door lights stay on.

Could this be a car battery problem as this needs replacing?

kenney
03-05-2008, 10:10 AM
Hi I would say one of the micro switches in the drivers door lock is cause of your problem.

wackyracer
03-05-2008, 10:18 PM
just had exactly the same problem on a 2001 golf. And yes it was the drivers door lock. I was lucky and had access to another door lock so just swapped the faulty one. Now all works fine.

witblitz
04-05-2008, 08:22 AM
Hi, check out the following link I had a similar problem and this really helped.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1542461

hendy00
13-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Thanks all for your advised. Another site mention the same thing about the the microswitch.

Does both doors have this microswitch or only the drivers door?

The reason why i ask is that since my 1st post i've notice that out of 10 tries, 9 times the lock on the passenger door will pop back up when locking via the drivers door panel, therefore having to lock the door manually by key.

Cheers WitBlitz for that link. i've printed it off and will have a go. I had the door panel off before to replace the window brackets but this looks like a bugger to fix though

witblitz
13-05-2008, 02:14 PM
All the doors have these switches, the only difference is that the back doors don't come apart in the same way as the front little bit more complicted to get the inside panel off as the widow mechanism is different. From what you said about the lock poping up you definitely have a problem with either a solder joint in the micro switch or a sticking switch. What I found works for a while is to put a screw driver into the bolds and give it a gentle knock with a hammer.

hendy00
02-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Thanks all for your help on this. It turned out to be the drivers door switch in the end. Bought the whole lock from a breakers for £20 and me and a friend fitted it. Probably saved about £200 if I went to VW

Cheers all. :beerchug:

Cflg1986
09-01-2016, 07:25 AM
Hello everyone I've reading this post because i have a vw jetta 2000 vr6 i have remplace the heater core on my car and after i done with it put everything back together and as soon i star the car I noticed my interior lights won't turn off so I wonder if its the problem on the door switch or i did something wrong when I remplace my heater core any help please