PDA

View Full Version : T4 caravelle oil pressure problem

timf
02-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Not sure if this is covered in one of the other threads. There are some differences.

Anyway, 2003 2.5 tdi (auto) with oil pressure warning problem: low pressure light comes on intermittently and only once the engine is warm. It's driving me nuts! Also, the light/warning does not come on at slow speed and and seems less affected by using cruise control (doesn't happen at all on motorway with cruise control on but does with it off). Not sure if it happens more often when accelerating, cruising or braking. It developed about 6 months ago. There is enough oil. Oil and filter and sensor changed twice, so it's not that. Been on numerous diagnostics but nothing shown (I am not sure the problem was reproduced during road-testing). Any thoughts are gratefully received.

coelodonta
11-09-2008, 06:23 PM
Not sure if this is covered in one of the other threads. There are some differences.

Anyway, 2003 2.5 tdi (auto) with oil pressure warning problem: low pressure light comes on intermittently and only once the engine is warm. It's driving me nuts! Also, the light/warning does not come on at slow speed and and seems less affected by using cruise control (doesn't happen at all on motorway with cruise control on but does with it off). Not sure if it happens more often when accelerating, cruising or braking. It developed about 6 months ago. There is enough oil. Oil and filter and sensor changed twice, so it's not that. Been on numerous diagnostics but nothing shown (I am not sure the problem was reproduced during road-testing). Any thoughts are gratefully received.
timf - i think i have the same problem, the oil lamp and alarm come one sporiadically but bizzarely only when slowing on a slip road or cornering round a roundabout after long motorway driving, dropping down a gear solves the problem but its getting more common and there must be something wrong, changing both the oil sensors did nothing. did you ever work out what it was? - mines a p reg 1.9 TD T4

timf
26-09-2008, 10:54 AM
Problem solved-oil pressure checked and found to be low due to bolts holding rear plate in the oil pump coming loose. Simple! Shame 2 VW garages and 1 other garage could not find this!!!

zimboox
14-04-2009, 09:02 PM
timf - i think i have the same problem, the oil lamp and alarm come one sporiadically but bizzarely only when slowing on a slip road or cornering round a roundabout after long motorway driving, dropping down a gear solves the problem but its getting more common and there must be something wrong, changing both the oil sensors did nothing. did you ever work out what it was? - mines a p reg 1.9 TD T4
Coelodonta - Have exactly the same problem with my 52 plate 1.9 t4. Checked the bolts as timf advised, not that. Did you ever find out what was wrong with yours? Driving me NUTS!