PDA

View Full Version : service reset

sdb
02-05-2008, 08:30 AM
Hi folks,can anyone tell me if you can reset service indicater on an A6 (older shape 2005) that is set up for long life services ? without using a computer.
Thanks Simon.

NickPicks
06-05-2008, 10:28 AM
You can do this yourself with the clock and trip buttons. The exact method is detailed in the handbook (I don't have mine here at the moment, so I can't look it up).

snapdragon
06-05-2008, 11:02 AM
For long-life service you need a computer to keep it that way (but you can also customise it to your own desire), if you follow the handbook, it states that it reverts to mileage/time.

gazza57
07-05-2008, 11:01 AM
A word of warning, if your motor has a turbo, I would not run it on the extended service routine, if you do you risk a blockage to the oil feed tray which supplies the turbo, even a short loss of oil feed will destroy your turbo and it costs between £750 -1000 to replace.
My A6 2.7t arrived in my hands on extended but I've reverted to mileage time.
Audi say it's OK to run on extended but with respect they would say that, they won't pay the bill for a blown turbo, you will.
Gazza57

kociol13
30-10-2008, 10:42 PM
Hi folks,can anyone tell me if you can reset service indicater on an A6 (older shape 2005) that is set up for long life services ? without using a computer.
Thanks Simon.

www.kofla.net (http://www.kofla.net)

iwaters
31-10-2008, 11:17 AM
Turn the ignition off. Press and hold the trip reset button on the right whilst turning on the ignition. Then press and hold the clock adjust button on the left. The service should now say Service in [n] miles.