PDA

View Full Version : more power out of a 90hp a4 td

solorider
02-05-2008, 01:17 AM
how easy is it to get more power from 90bhp to 110hp on the higher power diesels,what parts do i need to get the power?

Marc97
02-05-2008, 01:47 AM
You need to get the ECU chipped. Some companies claim up to 30 bhp from a remap.
You could also fit the bigger injectors (I think from a 130 TDi) and a remap might see the happy side of 140 bhp from a 90bhp engine.
I think some of the lads on here could probably suggest a reputable tuner who could help and advise you of your next move.

PS, beware of cheap ebay modules. I've never had any experience of them but I've heard a couple of the more experienced members on here warning people against them so I'll just repeat what I've read.

adamss24
02-05-2008, 08:11 AM
You need to get the ECU chipped. Some companies claim up to 30 bhp from a remap.
You could also fit the bigger injectors (I think from a 130 TDi) and a remap might see the happy side of 140 bhp from a 90bhp engine.
I think some of the lads on here could probably suggest a reputable tuner who could help and advise you of your next move.

PS, beware of cheap ebay modules. I've never had any experience of them but I've heard a couple of the more experienced members on here warning people against them so I'll just repeat what I've read.
The injectors from the 130 Bhp engine wont fit as they are different technology- PD versus VE ! However, nozzles from the 140 Bhp audi 100/A6 (old shape untill 1997) or vw transporter T4 2.5 Tdi will fit a treat. Then, to help burn the extra fuel, an bigger turbocharger and a remap/chip will make the most of it.