PDA

View Full Version : radio and immobiliser

bobby b
24-12-2006, 09:02 PM
Hi all, im new to the site and also new to audi's
Just purchased a 1996 audi a4 1.9tdi great car i must say dont know why i never purchased one before,i have just a few problems with the car hoping someone can help me with and make it perfect once again.
Sorry if these have been asked before i have done a search but unable to get a result of a fix.
Problem 1:I am unable to get a decent radio reception(just found out aerial is incorparated within the rear screen,too the amusment of a neighbour)is there a booster/amplifier for the aerial if so where is it located or is it worthwile fitting an aftermarket aerial.
Problem 2 on turning the key to start the car the immobiliser light goes off then comes back on,you have to turn off and on 4-5 times(or when in the petrol station the other day about 15 times)i have read a few posts about this saying it could be the chip in the key or the reciever thing that goes round the barrel is there a cheap fix for this or is there a way of disarming the immobiliser altogether as i have a fear of this failing when im out.
Sorry if this is a bit long winded but any advice would be much appreciated,thanks in advance BoB:Blush:

andysuth
26-12-2006, 12:48 AM
Hey,

I'm in a similar boat, just bought a R reg (1998) A4, 1.9 TDi. NICE! not sure why I didn't buy before.

Fancied a more powerful light in the key so I thought I'd quickly machine out the battery compartment (You think you know what's coming!)

No, I didn't destroy the Code Key Module, but I did experience a bit of "Grab" and put the end mill through the centre of the battery part of the key.

It still works, but has a BFO hole in it! I'm going to finish putting the LED light in there, but it didn't go to (very poor) plan.

I asked at my local Audi Dealership how much for a spare key and was told it would be £150 which included the recoding and pairing of the key to the car.

PRICEY!

On Fords there used to be a Red key that you could use to code a generic cut key to the car, but I don't think the Audi design allows that.

Have you tried another key to your car yet?

What type of key was it?

-Andy.

bobby b
26-12-2006, 07:59 PM
Hi andy
Have the 2 keys one the original(which im having the trouble with)the other looks as though was cut at the local cobblers so not really any use(other than when you've locked keys in the car).Looks like im just going to have to live with it,just hope it doesnt fail altogether,cheers bob