PDA

View Full Version : Central Locking Issue - T reg passat

Daz1
01-05-2008, 03:00 PM
I know there's a million and 1 threads about this but i still havn't found the answer, so here i go....

I have no damp in the footwells, i have cleared the drainage holes in the engine bay, i have changed the battery in the key fob and my central locking still doesn't work.

The lock barrell in the drivers door is broken so i am only able to lock and unlock the car from the boot.

When i unlock the car it locks itself and then unlocks itself then locks itself, then when i am able to get in just before i start the car it intermitanytly locks itself again.:aargh4::aargh4::aargh4: I AM GOING MAD!!!

Has anybody got the answer or can anybody point me in the right direction please???

PLEASE HELP :aargh4:, THANKYOU :beerchug:

kenney
01-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Hi does the central locking work from the passenger door?when you use the key there

Daz1
02-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Hi does the central locking work from the passenger door?when you use the key there

Yeah works fine

kenney
02-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Hi Then if that is the case,i would say it was the door lock drivers side that is causing the problem

Daz1
02-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Thanks,

So do i just need to get a replacement lock? If so, can you recommend where i can get one from??

and how easy are they to replace?

kenney
02-05-2008, 02:38 PM
Hi If you have not done the job before it is not so easy,send your e-mail address and i will send you how to do it,and you can see for your self.The lock can be bought from a VW dealer.It might be a good idea to get the barrell fixed too and you will have to order this from VW to suit the key you have

Daz1
02-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Hi Kenny,

Thanks for this, have spoken to a guy who advised he can do me a replacement barrel if i send him my spare key and this will cost £36.43 all in!!!

Is this wise to be sending my key to someone?

The guy was recommended through 1st Choice Spares website.

He also advised how to change the barrel but if you could email the diagrams that would be great will PM you my email.

What ya think about sending the key??

kenney
02-05-2008, 03:03 PM
There are that many cowboys nowadays i dont think i would take the chance

Daz1
02-05-2008, 03:03 PM
Hi Kenny,

Thanks for this, have spoken to a guy who advised he can do me a replacement barrel if i send him my spare key and this will cost £36.43 all in!!!

Is this wise to be sending my key to someone?

The guy was recommended through 1st Choice Spares website.

He also advised how to change the barrel but if you could email the diagrams that would be great will PM you my email.

What ya think about sending the key??

Can't PM just yet, once post count is up will send PM...... cheers