PDA

View Full Version : Touareg V10

PMS
24-12-2006, 10:24 AM
I am thinking of buying a V10 Touareg second hand. Has anyone got any advice as to what i should look for. Is it a good car?

devonutopia
24-12-2006, 10:42 AM
It's a monster! 'nuff said.

threesalmons
05-03-2008, 07:06 PM
I have just bought a Touareg 2.5 TDI and while the power/engine is different it is otherwise the same. I have owned VW/Audi without a break since 65 and I can see that, in spite of all the hype, the quality has changed. Clip-on trim creaks, doors rattle a little and there is some wind noise from rear top of doors. But then I sit in a Renault hire car that reminds me that VW remain streets ahead in quality.

I love the T driving position and the seats, that initially looked basic (even with full electrics), are actually better thatn those in my old Audi A6. The controls are good although the very low-set stalks take some getting used to as does the very low on-wheel computer selector control. The latter is not as simple as the previous end-of-stalk location. Park sensors are essential and very effective. Lighting and driving by night good.

I found some 12 faults merely by going over the car very,very carefully and keeping a tap in a notebook. Carpet fastners broken/missing, door trim loose, dirty headliner, minor trim missing, casete stacker u/s, stone chips on front valance, etc. The agent rectified every single one and so I have no complaints on that score. But better his pocket than mine.

I do envy the power of the V10 but not the fuel bill. As it is it costs nearly £100 to fill the tank.

Enjoy. It is a very good VW.

Chris

Ben
11-03-2008, 10:25 PM
try to avoid the air suspension as its not very good in the corners with the weight of the V10. understeer ahoy.. I'd go for the V6 diesel.

kimandsally
13-03-2008, 11:29 AM
My friend has the 2.5 model he's done 40,000 miles without a single problem he is very critical so I would imagine it to be a superb car, I have been in it as a passenger and it is truly gorgeous.
Another friend has the Audi Q7 sort of the same car he has had it in for a leaking steering rack, all sorted under warranty he's another happy customer.

In short I envy you I would love one.

Buy it and hope you love it.

:beerchug:

gravedigger
26-03-2008, 02:51 PM
i love mine to bits:D

dickymint
11-04-2008, 09:11 PM
I have a R5 engined Touareg (half a V10). Have had a few very minor niggles which have all been sorted by the dealer I bought it from without any hassle. I suggest you consult www.mytreg.co.uk., where you will find plenty of info re the V10 engined models.Keep us up to date on how this go.

dickymint
11-04-2008, 09:24 PM
re my last input. Made a mistake... it should be www.mytreg.com (http://www.mytreg.com). Sorry.:o

kimandsally
11-04-2008, 09:58 PM
re my last input. Made a mistake... it should be www.mytreg.com (http://www.mytreg.com). Sorry.:o

Great site as well, I found it had some very usefull information.:beerchug: