PDA

View Full Version : chip or remap?

hongkongstuey
30-04-2008, 08:21 PM
the 99 passat 1.9 110 i have is going to have a tune, but which would you guys go for and what gains should i realistically get? i presume its best to get the car serviced before i go if its being r roaded, just to be on the safe side :beerchug:
best companies and ones to steer clear of, maybe have to pm me the bad ones to avoid 'action'

prices and hp/torque figures please?

stuey

kimandsally
30-04-2008, 11:29 PM
Remap is the best for everything to be honest and a comapny I used on here is RS Tuning very professional and will make it fly for you.
I have a Sharan 130PD which they did we settled on 179hp with 315lb ft of torque, it did do more than that but we took it back a little for the sake of the clutch, it does a genuine 144hp at the wheels and is so smooth to drive it's great.

The economy also went up from 40mpg ave to 46mpg this is measured very carefully to be sure of the accuracy.

In all it's transformed the car in every way, have a talk with Paul mention me and he'll probably tell you more about it than I can remember.

hongkongstuey
01-05-2008, 08:02 PM
Remap is the best for everything to be honest and a comapny I used on here is RS Tuning very professional and will make it fly for you.
I have a Sharan 130PD which they did we settled on 179hp with 315lb ft of torque, it did do more than that but we took it back a little for the sake of the clutch, it does a genuine 144hp at the wheels and is so smooth to drive it's great.

The economy also went up from 40mpg ave to 46mpg this is measured very carefully to be sure of the accuracy.

In all it's transformed the car in every way, have a talk with Paul mention me and he'll probably tell you more about it than I can remember.

thanks for the advice, im getting 55mpg av. on my 30 mile journey to work, got 480 miles so far from this tank and its still 1 mark below 1/2 so it'll hopefully do a bit more once its done :beerchug: cant believe how good my passat is to drive!! no dropping gears to overtake like my old car, i'd like to see 150bhp but wont be too fussy. im only 33 so not going that easy with the right foot.

how much did it cost if you dont mind me asking?

kimandsally
01-05-2008, 08:45 PM
thanks for the advice, im getting 55mpg av. on my 30 mile journey to work, got 480 miles so far from this tank and its still 1 mark below 1/2 so it'll hopefully do a bit more once its done :beerchug: cant believe how good my passat is to drive!! no dropping gears to overtake like my old car, i'd like to see 150bhp but wont be too fussy. im only 33 so not going that easy with the right foot.

how much did it cost if you dont mind me asking?

He had a deal on here was £300 instead of £499, I'm 45 and with the extra lovliness of driving it I'm back to a mental age of about 22 but with the experience of only going quick when the condtions are right, had a go with a MX7 at some lights and left him was lights on a duel carraigway 70mph and initially I made a great start then fluffed 2nd gear so he went ahead but I got it back up the inside and pulled away up to 80mph then gave in as there's often police radar down that road, my mate who was with me was well impressed, the poor guy in the MX7 beaten by a 1.9ton 7 seater with a 1.9diesel engine!!
I rekon he needs to learn to thrash it a bit more he should have blown me away I was gobsmacked when I saw his 0-60 should be 7.9 seconds when mine is 12.9 std, I know mine is much quicker than std but 5 seconds off is rediculas.