PDA

View Full Version : Retrofit disc shields

caldirun
30-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Has anyone fitted the retrofit disc shield kit 3BO 698 998A, I am assuming it is to shorten the wet braking delay I am experiencing on very wet motorways at 50 mph or over. The effect is as though there is no servo assistance for a fraction of a second, I press harder on the pedal then the full braking comes on, its a pants filler!
It must be water sitting on the pads (if it was on the discs the centrifugal force would clear it I'd have thought), could this be due to my having 17" five spoke alloys of a very open design so aggrevating this effect?

caldirun
01-05-2008, 06:46 PM
Has anyone fitted the retrofit disc shield kit 3BO 698 998A, I am assuming it is to shorten the wet braking delay I am experiencing on very wet motorways at 50 mph or over. The effect is as though there is no servo assistance for a fraction of a second, I press harder on the pedal then the full braking comes on, its a pants filler!
It must be water sitting on the pads (if it was on the discs the centrifugal force would clear it I'd have thought), could this be due to my having 17" five spoke alloys of a very open design so aggrevating this effect?
Am I the only one to be experiencing this problem?