PDA

View Full Version : Interior lighting

jollyjohn
30-04-2008, 03:51 PM
Hello All.
Just bought a Superb V6 petrol auto which I love but - interior lights including boot and door mirrors dont work on opening doors. (Floor and under door ones do!) All work if switched manually apart from boot. Dash display shows doors and boot open symbols ok. Garage says its wiring not covered by warranty. Any ideas please???????

JJ:1zhelp:

chris4hire
01-05-2008, 06:57 PM
Hi

I too have a similar problem. The interior/mirror lights do not work at all unless turned on manually..........very annoying at night!!

Please, any ideas?

Chris:confused:

jollyjohn
12-05-2008, 08:29 AM
Hi again.

2 new probs - offside rear interior light goes off after a short time when switched manually and the n wont work for about 60 secs. and electric sunroof tries to shut on its own but opens again!!!!!
Nearside footwell very damp also. Be glad of any ideas.. Thank you.

JJ

happysnappy
12-05-2008, 08:42 PM
Sounds a bit like my problem which started out with just the lighting and has progressed to the electric windows. Im sure it has to do with water inside the car shorting out some electrics on the floor. Had soaking carpets.
Im about to raise them and move the seats to investigate but not sure where to start.:1zhelp:

jollyjohn
09-06-2008, 10:55 AM
Update.

Garage has stripped interior out (seats carpets etc) due to water ingress. Found and sealed (I hope) and comfort control module N/S front footwell corroded. waiting for new bits. Not a cheap exercise..........although supplying dealer has agreed to put £700 towards cost.
If you find wet carpets beware!!!!!

JJ

Hex69
09-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Update.

Garage has stripped interior out (seats carpets etc) due to water ingress. Found and sealed (I hope) and comfort control module N/S front footwell corroded. waiting for new bits. Not a cheap exercise..........although supplying dealer has agreed to put £700 towards cost.
If you find wet carpets beware!!!!!

JJ

Just do a search on the Passat B5 forums for Water Leaks, and it will tell you all you need to know unfortunately. It's a well known problem which if you know about it, can be kept on top of easily. Try this for starters:

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=23863&highlight=water+leak

Hargy90
05-01-2009, 02:30 PM
Hi, sorry i might be a bit too late, but we had a simulare problem with our superb.. the back passanger footwell was soaked through.. interior lights not working right etc etc..
basicaly it was water getting in the sael arounf the air filter box. running down and gathering in the rear footwell.. it was efecting the lights because the loom of wire for all interior lighting is conected to another run of wire at the very point the water gathers.. it eventualy corodes and thsa same thing starts to happen neer by looms..
We fixd it our selves at absolutly NO cost (sorta) all that cost after was to get the air bag light turnd off because we had taken out the passanger seet. we lifted the carpet, re solderd the looms affected and left a heater going in the car for a few hours.. To ensure it would not happen again we put vikiplast (or any other water sealant will do) arounf the seel of the air filter box.. sO all it cost in the end was €60 to get the airbag light turned off.. hope this helps.