PDA

View Full Version : A4 Avant 2.7TDi

Young Kenny
29-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Hi all

it's too late to ask for your advice I guess, but I've just gone and bought a 56 reg A4 Avant 2.7 TDi with 12K miles. I'll be using this for my main car and I'll expect to do around 40K miles/year over the next 3 years.

As this is my first Audi, are there any points I should watch out for with this model? I know the engine is a chain cam, so I'm not expecting any problems there.

I'm also considering getting the ECU re-mapped to add another 35Bhp (60lb/ft). Again, any known problems with the 'box or clutch if I go ahead with this?

Any advice will be welcome.
Many thanks:1zhelp::1zhelp:

jb1999
29-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Sounds like a good purchase to me! The Audi six cylinder deisels are good and strong - should last for every if the oil is changed according to the service schedule. There's plenty of folk here who know a lot about them (but not me, sorry!?), and there's a few tuning companies who can advise on the re-maps. Try a few searches and you'll find plenty of info. Good luck with it!
J

Young Kenny
30-04-2008, 01:03 PM
Sounds like a good purchase to me! The Audi six cylinder deisels are good and strong - should last for every if the oil is changed according to the service schedule. There's plenty of folk here who know a lot about them (but not me, sorry!?), and there's a few tuning companies who can advise on the re-maps. Try a few searches and you'll find plenty of info. Good luck with it!
J
Hi J

thanks for your reply and words of comfort. I've read about the 2.7 TDi as being overshadowed by the 3.0, but when test driving it, it seemed to have plenty of mid range pull, and it also seemed a bit smoother than the 4 pots I've driven. It should be even better with the re-map done I'll be sticking to the servicing, and I've been told that Castrol Edge is the best oil to go for. Thanks again!

Steve