PDA

View Full Version : central locking

nwk
29-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Hi there. can anyone help solve a problem with my central locking on my w reg t4? when un-locked with the key from the drivers door all the doors un-lock and stay un- locked.when un-locked from the passenger side it just locks up again also does the same with the remote. have noticed the button doesn,t rise without using the key in the drivers door. have changed the actuator on the drivers door but still the same?:1zhelp:

t4caravelle
30-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Seems to be a common problem. My 94 caravelle does it opposite to yours ,if i lock driver door it unlocks again so i have to lock it from passenger side, even then the sliding door has to be locked sometimes with the key. But i can live with it. If i start messing it'll get worse no doubt.
Russ

nwk
06-05-2008, 07:31 PM
Problem solved. it was a broken wire in the gator between the door and the pillar.:)

Union Jack
13-09-2009, 06:25 PM
My daughter has recently acquired a 52 Reg seven seater Caravelle automatic to transport her brood and, whilst it is running very well, she has experienced one or two problems on which she and I would appreciate any available advice.

Central locking appears to operate on the two front doors and the tailgate, but not on the nearside sliding door. Is this correct and, if not, any ideas as to what is the likely cause?

Should a 52 Reg have remote control central locking?

The only spare key provided is apparently uncut, ie it has no serrations. How is this used, and is it chipped in some way? I am checking whether my daughter has received any form of key code for the vehicle.

Many thanks for all advice offered.

Jack

wright
17-11-2009, 12:21 AM
the slide door on my transporter was the same, the pins on the door that connects the motor to the van was badly corroded inside, i dismantled mine and cleaned it but if i have trouble again ill just replace them very fiddley.

Union Jack
17-11-2009, 12:45 AM
Dear Mr Wright

Thank you very much indeed for the tip - I'll pass that straight on to my daughter and lets hope it does the trick!

Jack