PDA

View Full Version : A4 Avant order

fazerman
29-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Hi all,
I am just about to order an A4 Avant 2.0Tdi S-line with a few trimmings from the Northampton Audi dealership. Has anyone else ordered an Avant yet? If so what spec have you gone for? Can't make up my mind whether to go for the 19" twin spoke wheels or not?? Just worried about the ride quality, any views on that?
Carl
Currently A4 Saloon 2.0 Tdi 170 S-line :biglaugh:

mkc
30-04-2008, 09:24 AM
Welcome to the back of the queue waiting for a S Line. Not sure if anyone else has ordered an Avant but plenty of Saloon people waiting!

I was told that the 19inch wheels were no longer available so Im stuck with the 18inch wheels. Were you told that the rear parking sensors were available as many have been told they are not available.

Im not sure about the ride as Ive only been in a SE with 17inch wheels. However, I would ask about the suspension to go with your Avant. S Line comes with "Sport" supsension that is 20mm lower than standard but there is a S Line suspesion available which is 30mm lower than standard as a no cost option but needs to be requested.

This will effect the ride quality Im sure with or without the 19inch wheels. See if you can have a test drive if they have one available.

What colour you going for? Aruba Blue for me.

fazerman
30-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Well placed the order today fro Wayside Bletchley :beerchug: Managed to get 9% disc without too much fuss as I'm a good customer of theirs.
Have gone for 2.0Tdi S-line with full leather, parking plus, symphony. Bang & Olufsen, heated seats and vavona grey assam? trim; colour Quartz Grey. Looking for Early Sept delivery. Can't wait:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

HighwayTG
30-04-2008, 08:27 PM
19'' wheels where orginally available to order and then not, and now Audi have changed their mind again and you can spec these for the smaller engines.

I've just ordered mine with the 19'' 7 arm double spoke, they look fantastic, though not sure of the ride quality.

RickT
01-05-2008, 11:17 PM
A "contact" of mine has advised that the dealers can still get hold of the 19 inch alloys (not sure which design though) as an after market purchase and can provide a good deal if you trade the exisiting ones in unused......

Could be worth a mention.....

Rick