PDA

View Full Version : General Fettling

flymofred-2008
29-04-2008, 07:17 PM
Hi I have a few questions. I hope the format doesn't look too stuffy, but it will stop me rambling on for ages and ages and a.....

1. I have to take out the instrument cluster to replace a speedo light, while I'm there what needs to be looked to get the average fuel consumption to work,all the other diplays work on the MFA. I have checked the little vacuum pipe.

2.The lights in the rocker switches can they be replaced or is it a new switch

and lastly

3. 020 gearbox. Replacing the rubber mount at the back of the bell-housing. It looks like an ok job, are there any pitfalls for the over-confident

Thanks

flymofred

flymofred-2008
03-05-2008, 10:23 AM
What What

does no one know or does no one care

Flymofred-2008

Frijj
15-05-2008, 08:47 PM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn189/Friji_2008/roomofcare.jpg

Personally I just don't know the answers

Oddball
16-05-2008, 08:58 AM
If you mean the switches for the lights and rear window heater and stuff, I believe you can just replace the bulbs. I would grab a haynes manual if you haven't got one already. As to the gearbox and MFA, I dunno i'm afraid.

onzarob
16-05-2008, 09:19 AM
Hi I have a few questions. I hope the format doesn't look too stuffy, but it will stop me rambling on for ages and ages and a.....

1. I have to take out the instrument cluster to replace a speedo light, while I'm there what needs to be looked to get the average fuel consumption to work,all the other diplays work on the MFA. I have checked the little vacuum pipe.

My guess would be the vacuum pipe as well, check both ends ;)

2.The lights in the rocker switches can they be replaced or is it a new switch

yes the lights do come out separately :)

and lastly

3. 020 gearbox. Replacing the rubber mount at the back of the bell-housing. It looks like an OK job, are there any pitfalls for the over-confident

Thanks

flymofred

Can't help on that one, but as suggested a Haynes manual is great investment:D

Smutts
23-05-2008, 11:33 PM
Make sure that they sell you the osram bulbs, the ones I got from GSF were utter gash and fell to bits. They are pretty reasonable from the main ********, its too much hassle to do once, let alone twice. By the way the identical Ford bulbs, aren't.;)