PDA

View Full Version : removing gamma head unit

hongkongstuey
29-04-2008, 07:15 PM
my gamma is very poor and tape so i need to change for a better unit, im not interested in putting an ipod link or anything cos i dont use mp3 players but use mp3 cd's, 12 albums on one disc etc with my current sony unit waiting in the wings to be inserted into my 99 passat tdi, how do i get the thing out?

thanks in advance and any photos would be nice

stuey

hongkongstuey
30-04-2008, 07:09 PM
im sorry to bump it up, but, does anybody know? i need it out:1zhelp:

Eclipse car Audio
30-04-2008, 08:06 PM
I'm pretty sure mate that should have two slots one bottom left and one bottom right of the unit about 10mm wide you will need a pair of removal keys (from a good audio store) push them in the slots and you should here a click then pull the unit out.

Could be wrong though cant think what a Gamma looks like off the top of my head.

hongkongstuey
02-05-2008, 01:51 PM
I'm pretty sure mate that should have two slots one bottom left and one bottom right of the unit about 10mm wide you will need a pair of removal keys (from a good audio store) push them in the slots and you should here a click then pull the unit out.

Could be wrong though cant think what a Gamma looks like off the top of my head.

think i rember someone saying sony keys will do it, as i have sony keys i'll have a go, cheers!:beerchug:

gamma is cd changer control 4 ch with blue display, single din

RickT
08-05-2008, 11:45 PM
I removed my mates yesterday..

You need to removal keys... purchase from halfords for £3.99.. You need the Euro ones.. lablled as Audi.

Put the keys into the 2 slots with the hooks facing outwards and pull out..

Simple.

Rick

hongkongstuey
09-05-2008, 04:10 PM
I removed my mates yesterday..

You need to removal keys... purchase from halfords for £3.99.. You need the Euro ones.. lablled as Audi.

Put the keys into the 2 slots with the hooks facing outwards and pull out..

Simple.

Rick

cheers for that, i'll pop down tomorrow an get some if the sony ones dont fit

afcjay
17-08-2008, 09:14 PM
sorry to hijack the thread but ive just got myself a 97 A3 and was trying to remove my head unit today.
normally the pull out easily with the keys but for some reason,mines not budging
do you know if it could be bolted in on the back of the head unit? i know some head units used to have a single bolt on the back which was held in place behind the dash?
it just seems strange why its so hard to get out
any ideas?

Froggy
19-08-2008, 01:47 PM
Is it the factory radio ? If it is, sometimes the retaining spring clips get bent out... If they have it's a right royal pain to get around... Soz to say.