PDA

View Full Version : New A6 Owner

jeboa
28-04-2008, 11:07 PM
Hi All,

I hope to able to contribute as I have just purchased a 07 A6 S-Line 2.0TDI.

My car is fitted with the MMI Basic, with CD Satnav and GSM Prep.

Couple of questions....

1) I have a spare wheel (18" alloy), but no jack, etc. I'm assuming there should be a plastic holder with all the kit to change a wheel with...can anyone confirm, as I will be phoning the dealer to make sure I get one?

2) Can't seem to get my work Nokia 6021 to sync the phonebook at all - is this normal? Anyone recommend a good (bouncy!!) work mobile that would be compatible?

3) When I have the phone connected via bluetooth and press the speech control button - the lady..she 'Sprechen Sie Deutsch' which is kind of interesting, but I failed GCSE German, so any ideas how to change to English?

4) Is there a convenient 12v socket for an aftermarket satnav - I don't fancy living with a cable running from the centre console?

The car was supplied with a sealed CD and a DVD type case which is the CD for NAV (2007 edition).

Other than that, great car - first automatic I have driven - nearly put the salesman and my wife through the windscreen on the test drive going for the clutch and hitting the brake by mistake!!!

Best regards to all....

true
29-04-2008, 09:04 AM
The jack and wheel brace etc are hidden behind a panel on the right hand side of the boot, not in the spare wheel well. If you give it a tug the cover should come off to give you access.

You need the language of the voice control software changed to English (obviously). A dealer should be able to do this for you, or you could find someone in your area with VAG-COM - they could do it for you too for the price of a pint.

fruitbat
29-04-2008, 02:15 PM
Re: 2) My Nokia 6230 works very well with the GSM prep.

masonj
29-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Hi All,

I hope to able to contribute as I have just purchased a 07 A6 S-Line 2.0TDI.

My car is fitted with the MMI Basic, with CD Satnav and GSM Prep.

Couple of questions....

1) I have a spare wheel (18" alloy), but no jack, etc. I'm assuming there should be a plastic holder with all the kit to change a wheel with...can anyone confirm, as I will be phoning the dealer to make sure I get one?

2) Can't seem to get my work Nokia 6021 to sync the phonebook at all - is this normal? Anyone recommend a good (bouncy!!) work mobile that would be compatible?

3) When I have the phone connected via bluetooth and press the speech control button - the lady..she 'Sprechen Sie Deutsch' which is kind of interesting, but I failed GCSE German, so any ideas how to change to English?

4) Is there a convenient 12v socket for an aftermarket satnav - I don't fancy living with a cable running from the centre console?

The car was supplied with a sealed CD and a DVD type case which is the CD for NAV (2007 edition).

Other than that, great car - first automatic I have driven - nearly put the salesman and my wife through the windscreen on the test drive going for the clutch and hitting the brake by mistake!!!

Best regards to all....

Have a quick search on here there are detailes of a Nokia application that I run on my N95 8GB that pushes the phone book at the GSM kit.

jeboa
01-05-2008, 11:56 PM
Thank you to all.

Second day out, I found that although the 'Directory' and List button for the Phone is pretty ineffectual - using the 'Mode' and wheel button on the steering wheel gives me the 'Phonebook' on my 6021 - so all is good.

I checked the storage bin, and found the wheelbrace and jack. Seems funny to leave all that space round the alloy unused, but I suppose I can't complain - seen as the boot is huge!

The 'German Phone Controller' can be gone after 15 minutes at an Audi dealer - so when I have the time, I'll sort it - so all is good.

Loving the drive, automatic gearbox and handbrake are a definite bonus. Performance is a bit lacking, but exactly what I expected from a 2.0TDI. Got to admit, I'm still hanging on to a 5L TVT Griff for the weekends, so I go from smooth executive drive to bone shaking, terrifying near death experience - which is good!!

My only other question is..... are there any opinions on iPod FM transmitters best suited? And.... although the CD SatNav is okay, I've got to admit the only 12v socket I have isn't best suited to using my Garmin SatNav - has anyone found a 12v supply better suited to adding a Cig socket to?

Best regards,

Jeboa

masonj
02-05-2008, 08:33 AM
Thank you to all.

Second day out, I found that although the 'Directory' and List button for the Phone is pretty ineffectual - using the 'Mode' and wheel button on the steering wheel gives me the 'Phonebook' on my 6021 - so all is good.

I checked the storage bin, and found the wheelbrace and jack. Seems funny to leave all that space round the alloy unused, but I suppose I can't complain - seen as the boot is huge!

The 'German Phone Controller' can be gone after 15 minutes at an Audi dealer - so when I have the time, I'll sort it - so all is good.

Loving the drive, automatic gearbox and handbrake are a definite bonus. Performance is a bit lacking, but exactly what I expected from a 2.0TDI. Got to admit, I'm still hanging on to a 5L TVT Griff for the weekends, so I go from smooth executive drive to bone shaking, terrifying near death experience - which is good!!

My only other question is..... are there any opinions on iPod FM transmitters best suited? And.... although the CD SatNav is okay, I've got to admit the only 12v socket I have isn't best suited to using my Garmin SatNav - has anyone found a 12v supply better suited to adding a Cig socket to?

Best regards,

Jeboa

I would not waste my money on an FM transmitter for your iPod, I have tried several and all were poor. You also have to keep re-tuning to find a clear channel.

Have a look at the Harmon Kardon iPod solution. Bloke at work has one in his Disco and loves it. I used a Dension solution in my Passat which also worked well but the HK device have its own display and controller. I know its no use to you but the MMI High / AMI solution in my 2.7 Le Mans is the dog's nuts.

Fat Dog
02-05-2008, 08:39 PM
The FM transmitters do a job but not in the same league as a fully integrated kit. I collected my A6 2.0 TDI S-Line from the dealer yesterday and he had fitted a Dension Gateway 500. This has the MMI Basic. You can access all ipod menus, playlists etc. You can also search by artist, song, genre etc too. All info comes up on the MMI display and on the driver's display. Can control the ipod by the steering wheel mounted thumbwheels or via the MMI controls. Haggle with your local dealer(s) and you should be able to get one supplied and fully fitted in half a day for around £350. A lot of money I know, but I've now got several thousand songs available in my car all accessed by my thumbs.
I'm still trying to get the speech dialogue system to control it...
PS if you consider a self-install, beware the MMI software will require a minor update.