PDA

View Full Version : Just an old tip for the Climate Control..

RickT
28-04-2008, 10:51 PM
Just thought i would repost this...

Dual Climate Control...

Something that many people don't know about....

DID YOU KNOW... press and hold the "AUTO" button on the drivers side for 3 seconds, this enables the one touch adjustment so you can adjust both side's of the climate control with one touch..

(to revert back just press + or - on the passenger side..)

You can also reverse the action by holding the passenger AUTO button..

The best way to know it is enable is to have for example the drivers temp on 18'c and the passengers on 20'c - hold for 3 seconds and the temps match to the side you were holding the auto bottom down on..

Give it a go.... i find its better when driving solo..

Rick

VanWheeler
28-04-2008, 10:58 PM
Nice tip buddy.

RickT
28-04-2008, 11:58 PM
ps... this works on the A3, A4, A6.. also the passat, Golf etc etc...

Rick

Mitch22
29-04-2008, 10:46 AM
Great Tip!

Been doing the old split finger routine for years!:biglaugh:

Mitch

lucas88
29-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Good shout Ricky.

Any more handy tips for us not-so-knowledgeable ones?
(I reckon you should start a thread that is for anything nifty that you may know about an A4 B6 and people can add little known peices of info as they discover them)

RickT
29-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Glad you like the tip!!

i will have a think about some more....

Rick

jonbaker
30-04-2008, 01:28 PM
Just thought i would repost this...

Dual Climate Control...

Something that many people don't know about....

DID YOU KNOW... press and hold the "AUTO" button on the drivers side for 3 seconds, this enables the one touch adjustment so you can adjust both side's of the climate control with one touch..

(to revert back just press + or - on the passenger side..)

You can also reverse the action by holding the passenger AUTO button..

The best way to know it is enable is to have for example the drivers temp on 18'c and the passengers on 20'c - hold for 3 seconds and the temps match to the side you were holding the auto bottom down on..

Give it a go.... i find its better when driving solo..

Rick

After reading my manual near on page for page i found out alot! including this tip.

Howabout using the + & - to adjust the dash brightness? Perhaps i'm just thick but only realised this after reading the manual.

And that pressing econ shuts off the air con compressor and so the temp can never be lower inside the car than what it is outside, i thought my air con was knackered :biglaugh:

Holding down the unlock or lock button on the key fob will operate the windows is another some don't know about, i like that one. And also, if you unlock the car and dont open a door it will auto lock after a certain amount of seconds, i think it's 30.

I'm such a geek :D

lucas88
30-04-2008, 02:02 PM
I didn't know that about the econ button. Make sure to put that in the thread that (hopefully) Rick T will start with little-known things like that.

tahirj89
01-05-2008, 01:19 AM
You know, ive been complaining about this to everyone, cause i was gettin really annoyed at having to adjust two temps, so thats realy healpful nice one mate.