PDA

View Full Version : A4 Symphony locked in safe mode

bucky179
28-04-2008, 07:51 PM
Hi guys, I have a 2000 A4 1.9TDI and the Symphony sterio has gone into safe mode for some reason. I have the code but can't find my manual for it and after numerous serches on the internet found out that I need to press the scan and RDS buttons simultaneously to bring up the code prompt. I have tried this and nothing happens, I was also told to try leaving the ignition on for an hour and then try, all this did was flatten the battery even with everything else switched off! Can someone please help me to sort this out as I've got hardly any hair left and I'm not sleeping at night!
Many thanks in advance, Paul.:confused:

scotty33
04-05-2008, 04:31 PM
My 98 passat has a beta unit, also in safe mode. I have my manual but not the code!
On mine I need to press TA and TP together to start the code enter sequence: 1000 will come up on the display, then use preset button 1 for the first digit, preset 2 for the second digit etc. Then press TA/TP together again, 'Safe should re-appear, then the station come up.

No idea if this is the same on yours but got to be worth a try?

bucky179
05-05-2008, 12:29 PM
:beerchug:Cheers for that, I had already tried numerous combinations of 2 buttons but nothing seemed to work. The buttons on mine are a bit different to yours but I gave it one more try using the TA and RDS buttons (probably the only combination I hadn't tried before) because I don't have a TP button and it prompted for the code so now I can drive and have the radio on!! Hope you find your code.

Paul.