PDA

View Full Version : Hissing brake pedal

Morgan
21-12-2006, 03:25 PM
Hi all,
I have w reg sharan, which keeps giving a hissing sound, but stops when the brake pedal is pressed. (Have checked there are no snakes in the footwell:biglaugh: ).
The brakes dont seem to be effected any any way, but would like some advive if any one else has had the same problem?

Thanks
Morgan

julee
08-01-2007, 11:29 PM
Hi Morgan,
sounds like the exact same thing that started with out X reg Sharan TDI.
Brakes worked fine and the hissing stopped when braking.
Became annoying so took it to the garage.

It need a new servo. Had it done and hey presto hissing stopped.

Suggest you take it if you haven't already done so.

Cheers
Julee

Morgan
09-01-2007, 07:42 PM
Thanks Julee, how much was the approx cost of having the servo replaced? Just so that I can be prepared for the shock!?

Thanks Again
Morgan

julee
09-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Morgan it was a bit of a shock for me !
While the car was in for the brake servo they also looked at the air con controls which were not working and they did a service on the air con. itself.
Taking these items out of the equation I see the brake servo was charged at £227.99. Not sure of labour costs on this alone.

Hope this gives you some idea. Good luck
Julee

RickT
10-01-2007, 01:33 AM
Servo hissing = leak normally.... not a good thing as the Servo could fail at any time............

How have u got on??

RicKT

Morgan
19-01-2007, 01:09 AM
Have taken the car to the garage and yes the servo had to be replaced. The servo cost £264 plus labour, which came to a Total £345.

A lot of money to get rid a annoying hiss!!:zx11:

n.layton
28-02-2007, 06:56 PM
Hi.
I too have a hissing pedal that first appeared after a squeeking from the pedal box area.
If by any chance you can look out the Part number for the servo i would appreciate it.so i could try and cross reference this number and try and get it a little cheaper as my VW dealer will not release any numbers.

Thanks Neil :beerchug:

tanssija
18-05-2008, 10:22 AM
Hi.
I too have a hissing pedal that first appeared after a squeeking from the pedal box area.
If by any chance you can look out the Part number for the servo i would appreciate it.so i could try and cross reference this number and try and get it a little cheaper as my VW dealer will not release any numbers.

Thanks Neil :beerchug:
Hello
Did you get the Part number? I´ll need it too, thanks.
Thomas

11redrex
19-05-2008, 01:25 PM

sorry

di4charles
06-01-2011, 05:22 PM
I had hissing from the driver's footwell in my VW Sharan 2001 whenever the brake pedal was released. Teasing the brake pedal could make it go away. Passed an MOT but then it would, as the brake servo is only designed to make the act of braking more efficient. Anyway, I required a new brake servo at a cost of £350 labour, parts and VAT.