PDA

View Full Version : new to the Alhambra

shaunie
27-04-2008, 08:45 PM
hi guys i'm new to the Alhambra as i just brought my missus one but a couple of problems
to start with its a 1.9tdi on a p reg
first problem is sometimes while driving not all the time it tends to do a little judder like its running out of fuel when you get that judder on your last few miles of fuel but it only seems to do it for a couple of secs and its ok sometimes it will only do it the once but sometimes it can do it a couple of times any ideas

second problem
when i go over pit holes in the road or speed humps i get a clunk from front wheels but on normal roads without the humps and pit holes etc its fine

any ideas

Robin Vitiello
30-04-2008, 11:20 PM
Hi there.
I have an 02 Alhambra and in relation to the second problem, I am starting to get something a little like that knock/clunk. Mine has just done 46000 miles.

On checking it out, the drop links had both worn and neecded repalcing. I would suggest you start looking there.

I had a similar problem on both an old Renault Savannah and a Peugeot 406.

In the case of the Savannah it took years literally before it could be specifically identified and in the end it was the rubber bushes on the anti roll/torsion bar. usually a simple thing to replace.

Similarly on the 406.

I'm not saying its necessarily that on the Alhambra, but mine just sailed through the MOT at my local garage, and I had asked the tester to really have a close check because of this.
As he said nothing can be found yet, but as cars get older you do get a bit more free play in all these joints.

Not sure in relation to the 'misfiring' issue. Could it be dirty injectors? Maybe someone else has a solution for that.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Robin

shaunie
30-04-2008, 11:49 PM
Hi there.
I have an 02 Alhambra and in relation to the second problem, I am starting to get something a little like that knock/clunk. Mine has just done 46000 miles.

On checking it out, the drop links had both worn and neecded repalcing. I would suggest you start looking there.

I had a similar problem on both an old Renault Savannah and a Peugeot 406.

In the case of the Savannah it took years literally before it could be specifically identified and in the end it was the rubber bushes on the anti roll/torsion bar. usually a simple thing to replace.

Similarly on the 406.

I'm not saying its necessarily that on the Alhambra, but mine just sailed through the MOT at my local garage, and I had asked the tester to really have a close check because of this.
As he said nothing can be found yet, but as cars get older you do get a bit more free play in all these joints.

Not sure in relation to the 'misfiring' issue. Could it be dirty injectors? Maybe someone else has a solution for that.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Robin

cheers mate i will change them this week and see what happens and let you know

shaunie
09-05-2008, 09:51 PM
changed drop links problem now cured and changed fuel filter but still same problem still got the judder