PDA

View Full Version : Which alloys for my A4Sport...Please help!

AudiSport
21-12-2006, 09:22 AM
Hi guys,

I've just got myself a 2001 Audi A4 SPORT, and I would like to upgrade from the standard 16'' alloys - but I'm just not sure which ones to fit!

I'm thinking either the standard 5-spoke 17'' you see on most A4's, or even some S4's? I'm not keen on the RS4's as it will make my car look like it's trying to be something it's very clearly not.. It's that mid (almost denim) blue colour.

Are the S4's 17'' or 18''? Has anyone any pics of any different alloys on their car they could post for me to view?

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

aidanjaye
21-12-2006, 10:02 PM
The 2003 on S4 has 18" wheels. I happen to have a set of RS4 wheels (7spoke) with good tyres all round. Open to sensible offers. Note these are original Audi wheels and not cheap aftermarket items.

RickT
23-12-2006, 12:53 AM
Hi Guys..

The correct size you are after is 5X112 with a 35mm offset for the B6

Cheers

RickT

AudiSport
23-12-2006, 08:05 PM
Hey Rick,

thanks for the info (on all my posts), I'm very greatfull of your imput!

So will any of the S4 alloys fitmy car with the correct off set?

Also, as you seem to have all the answers... My 2001 A4 Sport has nasty grey plastic lower bumpers and I really like the look of the S4's... What are the parts that come out from the lower half of the doors? Are the whole side skirts different too, or can I get away with just colour coding mine?

Cheers!

RickT
23-12-2006, 11:10 PM
from memory the skirts are flared on the S4...

in regards to the skirts on yours.. these can be painted -

if you got one of the late B6's they come with the trim painted... i had to buy some trims after someone drove into me in a car park and drove off and while i was Audi i asked is there different trims if its painted and the answer is no.. all you need to do is get the trims painted.... ENSURE they use flexi paint for plastic though!!

also you will never get a perfect match from body work to trim...

The reason why the paint is a different colour is due to one been on Metal and the other on Plastic..
This is because a special process has to be used when painting modern plastic components and this involves using a flexi-aid and additives in the paint to prevent it cracking when the part bends.
This results from the paint appearing a different shade.. This is like this on every audi… Silver / Blue / Red are the colours you can notice this the most on… on the back wings to the bumpers…
If you take a trip to your local audi garage and have a look you will see..

Cheers

Rickt

AudiSport
23-12-2006, 11:38 PM
So what are the trim/body kit parts that come out from the bottom section of the doors on the S4 models, and which is the best place to get them from?

What other cool mods should I concider?

• Would like to change the alloys for 17/18''
• Colour-code bumpers and side sections.
• Fit rear boot spoiler
• Fit an arm rest - although they look bloody expensive?

RickT
23-12-2006, 11:54 PM
• Would like to change the alloys for 17/18''
• Colour-code bumpers and side sections.
• Fit rear boot spoiler
• Fit an arm rest - although they look bloody expensive?

1 - yeah the 17 or 18 5 spoke look nice... im after a set at the moment..

2 - spray your existing parts

3- a nice lip looks good!

4 - mine came with the armrest... i feel lost when i drive without one now!!

Cheers

RickT

Maz
17-01-2007, 06:36 PM
can we have some nice pictures also?

sean red i
17-01-2007, 07:19 PM
i have the 18s 5 spoke look nice, tyres not cheap 4 a good brand name 235/40/18. the bottom door flares are s/line upgrades, arm rest i fitted, bought genuine part from audi £130 extra £60 if you want to change lid to match leather colour.
sean

patrick
20-01-2007, 05:32 AM
I would definitely go with 18"s on that one. It will fill your wheel wells out nicely. The B5 S4 OEM wheels were 17's. Look just like the 2004 B6 S4 wheels but smaller. My VSR's were $535 us dollars. Pics at www.AudiA4Mods.com (http://www.audia4mods.com). The dress nuts aren't the best quality, but the rest of the wheel is really cool. The wheel dealer is fixing me up, and I will dot the dress nuts with a couple drops of super glue.

There are a lot of good deals on wheels on Ebay. There are some wicked body kits on there too. I don't know about the armrest though.

Patrick
www.AudiA4Mods.com (http://www.audia4mods.com)

rjohnson
29-01-2008, 09:46 PM
i have a set of orginal audi sport 5 spoke17" alloys unmarked cond never kerbed or refurbed fitted with as new dunlop sport tyres which are one of the best tyres on the market willing to take 450 for set you may be able to buy cheaper but not in this cond with this brand of tyre! i am based in manchester:r-johnson8@sky.com