PDA

View Full Version : Mmi

JohnsA4
27-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Can anyone tell me exactly what functions can be done with the MMI, is it possible to set the car up for drive off locking, see you home lighting etc?

AndyE66
27-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Can anyone tell me exactly what functions can be done with the MMI, is it possible to set the car up for drive off locking, see you home lighting etc?

Yep, all those sorts of things. The full list will depend on what spec the car is! Generally the radio, bluetooth, climate control, parking sensors and other stuff is controlled through it. It's fairly intuitive.

AndyH123
27-04-2008, 08:44 PM
As Andy says, it's a pretty long list. From memory it also covers bits like sensitivity of automatic lights and turn on/off daytime running. There's a section for the windows which I think changes the behaviour when the engine isn't running. You can turn on / off each item in the onboard computers (average speed, fuel econ, journey duration etc.). And so on...

The only thing I haven't found is a switch to replace mini Sat Nav with the digial speedo. I can flick between audio and telephone as usual, but seems you lose speedo when being navigated.

AndyE66
27-04-2008, 08:55 PM
I've the peasant's version without satnav, but have you tried hitting the button on the underside of the wiper stalk a few times? That gets me back to the mph display.

2007DBR9
27-04-2008, 10:16 PM
I think it depends how you spec the car up. My car has a few options that youcan change which I will check tomorrow for you, but I test drove one with almost no extras and you couldn't do much on that.

Satch
27-04-2008, 10:25 PM
There's also a clock on the MMi which is really useful for reading what time it is.:p:Blush2:

2007DBR9
27-04-2008, 11:10 PM
And one on the rev counter :)