PDA

View Full Version : When Did You Order?

MackemMan
27-04-2008, 03:14 PM
I need some help please.

My order went in on 15th March & I have had no feedback from my dealer. I was told at the time of the order that I was looking at a week 21 build.

Last time I spoke to the salesman, about 3 weeks ago, he said the order had not been confirmed.

I have tried to see him (but he was doing an exam!), & thought I had arranged to see him today - but he wasn't in when I called. This is all so different to when he was chasing me prior to the order.

My next plan is to see him on Tuesday.

If you ordered your A4 around the time of mine & have confirmed dates can you please post them. This will help me get a picture of what I should be saying to the dealer & the type of information I should be getting from him.

Send me a PM if it is easier.

Cheers

2007DBR9
27-04-2008, 03:20 PM
I ordered mine at the end of Febuary, and the car came at the end of last month. I got an e-mail from the salesman telling me when the car was being built, when it was entering the UK, and the moment it arrived at the garage. They were very good about it.

gilesw08
27-04-2008, 04:52 PM
similarly, I have to say my sales guy has been pretty good too. I ordered mine 10th March and I pick up next week. he's kept in touch throughout the process and the car was built when he said it would be.

My advice would be to start laying down the law with your sales guy!!!

JJAvant
27-04-2008, 06:14 PM
I ordered my 1.8TFSi Multitronic Avant on 10 March but as of last week still no build date despite a number of phone calls and e mails to the dealer.

On the order form it says "Middle June" for delivery but I would have thought this is looking increasing unlikely unless I am given a May build date in the very near future.

I am wondering whether there is a delay on the multitronics ?

AndyE66
27-04-2008, 06:31 PM
I need some help please.

My order went in on 15th March & I have had no feedback from my dealer. I was told at the time of the order that I was looking at a week 21 build.

Last time I spoke to the salesman, about 3 weeks ago, he said the order had not been confirmed.

I have tried to see him (but he was doing an exam!), & thought I had arranged to see him today - but he wasn't in when I called. This is all so different to when he was chasing me prior to the order.

If you ordered your A4 around the time of mine & have confirmed dates can you please post them. This will help me get a picture of what I should be saying to the dealer & the type of information I should be getting from him.

Cheers

I got a car that was already in group stock so can't give you much help but if I was in your position I'd be complaining to the sales manager and telling them you're cancelling the order unless they get you the info you want. If your guy isnt available there's no reason why someone else in the dealership can't help you.

I think it sometimes helps to remind dealers whose money pays their wages;)

Julian.P
27-04-2008, 08:15 PM
I need some help please.

Cheers
Hi, ordered my A4 on 25 March, I have a confirmed build of week 21 if you have no joy with your dealer ring Audi customer services quote them your commission number they will be able to tell you if your build week has been confirmed.
Good Luck, J

On order A4 S-line 20 Tdi, Ibis white, 19” 7 double spoke wheels, S-line suspension, Servotronic steering.

MackemMan
27-04-2008, 10:54 PM
I am wondering whether there is a delay on the multitronics ?

Interesting point. Has anyone else ordered multitronic? Are they finding their dates longer than manual gearbox cars?

RichardCranium
30-04-2008, 10:43 AM
My 2.0TDI was ordered at the end of March. had a call from the dealer yesterday, telling the build date is 1st week of June, with delivery estimated to be 3rd week June.

So Arval ahve cocked up (what a surprise). They ahd originally said that 1st week June delivery would be no problem.:zx11:

Audi Nick
30-04-2008, 11:18 AM
I am still waiting for mine :aargh4:

I ordered it on the 12th Feb and according to the dealer (who has been good) it is sitting on the dock awaiting shipment.

Quite why I have had to wait so long is unclear, but it would appear that it is par for the course. Clearly some people have had a quick delivery and others have waited longer than me.

I still see very, very few around so I am looking forward to turning a few heads when it arrives:approve:

mkc
30-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Well, my dealer said that I wouldnt see my S Line (no extras other than Piano Black inserts and black sticthing )until End of August/Start of September and Ive not even got a build week yet.

:(

fazerman
30-04-2008, 07:54 PM
Isn't the deleted badging FOC???;)

HighwayTG
30-04-2008, 08:17 PM
I ordered my company car through Leaseplan 2 weeks ago and Audi Newbury have given me an estimated delivery date of 11/08. I was told to they would contact me again in May with a build date.

On order :

AUDI A4 2.0 TDi S-LINE

Mobile Phone Preparation - Low
Hill Hold Assist
Cruise Control
Interior Light Pack
Bang And Olufsen Sound System
Metallic Paint
8.5J 19in 7 Arm Dble Spk Whls + 255/35R
Parking System Plus
Deletion Of Capacity Designation At Rear

HighwayTG
30-04-2008, 08:18 PM
Isn't the deleted badging FOC???;)

yes Fazerman, it's free of charge

Audi Nick
02-05-2008, 12:23 PM
Its FREE ????

May I have two then?

JJAvant
02-05-2008, 08:50 PM
Its on its way !http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

My dealer e mailed me today to say that my new Avant which was ordered on 10 March has been allocated build week 26 which is the last week of June so hopefully should be here sometime in July.

On order Avant 1.8TFSi Multitronic in black with black sports seats, bluetooth, criuse, interior light pack, powered tailgate, load area system, parking plus and debadged.