PDA

View Full Version : a4 2.0 TFSI - reduction in mpg

Jem1
27-04-2008, 10:50 AM
Hi all, 1st audi and first post - had my 06 A4 2.0 S-line for 2 years and been very pleased with mpg - regularly beating book combined figure of 35.3. Within last 3 months mpg has gone from approx 40 to 30 on run to workplace. No other 'symptoms'. Am on longlife service but wondered if there is a likely explanation (filters ?) 2nd service due in 6K miles. Thanks.

elPaulio
28-04-2008, 12:42 PM
Hi Jem,

Do you always get your fuel from the same garage?
If so, try a different one to see if its the fuel.

Cheers

Paul

Jem1
28-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Hi Jem,

Do you always get your fuel from the same garage?
If so, try a different one to see if its the fuel.

Cheers

Paul
Thanks Paul

I have always filled up with V Power at the same garage - so will give that a try, though I have been a customer or theirs for two years and am not sure how/if the grade or quality of fuel may have changed (?). Hadn't really considered that - perhaps niggling doubts over longlife service have clouded my judgement !

regards

Jem

elPaulio
28-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Hey Jem,

I know from experience that with Diesels (Especially over the winter months!) that changing garage can make a difference as each has there own amount of additive that they add to it to ensure it doesn't wax up! It' worth a try though :)
If our sure that Longlife may have something to do with it, then get your car serviced and see if it cures it, will definately show whether LongLife is the culprit!!

Paul