PDA

View Full Version : A3 rear door card problems

tony.cookson@ze
26-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Hi,

I've searched the forum for a solution, but nothing seems right.

I am changing the rear speakers on my 52 plate A3 1.9TDI, but I can't see how to remove the rear cards.

I have removed the only screw, and this releases half of the door handle. There are absolutely no other fixings on the door card, and I am scared of snapping something plastic if I don't get help.

Can anyone tell me how the remove these door cards??

Many thanks

Cooky

dave212121
28-04-2008, 12:39 PM
3 door or 5 door car?

tony.cookson@ze
28-04-2008, 11:08 PM
It's a 5 door, and it's a 02 plate not a 52 plate.

dave212121
29-04-2008, 02:28 PM
'fraid i cant really help - mines a 3 door..

if its anything like the front door you need to undo the screws around the bottom , then the two each side of the top of the pannel. unscrew the inner door handle/arm rest and the pannel should slide upwards past the door lock lever...

not sure if a a Halfords manual covers this though...

parkender1
01-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Could you please help i get no sound from my rear speakers so do not think they are there, how do you take the rear card off (3 door)

smokey0123
01-09-2008, 08:16 PM
Could you please help i get no sound from my rear speakers so do not think they are there, how do you take the rear card off (3 door)

The 3 door cards are held in by metal clips, They are nomally very tight but lever off without anything breaking if your careful.

parkender1
01-09-2008, 09:06 PM
I will try it out many thanks for your help, have you any help on the below? Cheers
Just bought my first A3 18T 2001 (from auction whoops) and I have the following probs, has anyone had the same probs or can you help with pictures or previous posts? Thanks
Traction control light always on?
Strange whistle when changing from 1st 2nd 3rd when driving normal, it sound turbo related?
No sound from the rear speakers, how to access them are they fitted?
Very noisy heater even when aircon is off, comes from passenger side of dash?
Can I play an iPod through the Audi sympathy CD & CDC button with no changer present?
Many many thanks if you can help!!!

stiggy babe
31-07-2009, 11:17 PM
Hi Mate,
I know it was last year you put this door card problem on but did you get it sorted.
If you did can you tell me how to remove the door card as i am having problems as well.
Mine is the 52 plate A3 1.9tdi 5 door.
I have also been looking on the forum but havn't found anything yet, maybee i have missed it.