PDA

View Full Version : R32 Exhaust.

squinty
26-04-2008, 09:33 PM
i have an Audi A3, but have always liked the R32. when the A3 came along thou i couldnt resist being an audi owner. due to my age i was never gonna get insured on an R32, so began to look at the 1.8 Gti's with the anniversary Kit, againt the problem came when trying to find one with decent mileage, and the insurance.

so now to the point, does anyone know what exhaust the Mk 4 R32 has. i know some of the pitch comes from the 3.2 lump driving it, but i think it looks great and sounds amazing to. so i am now lloking to find one for my A3.

any halp appreciated,

squinty

Crasher
26-04-2008, 09:59 PM
What do you mean, what exhaust does the R32 have? The R32’s exhaust system is specific to the four wheel drive floorpan fitting wise and the tone comes from the six cylinders breathing down it. A 1.8T will never sound like a six cylinder. Dual outlet systems are available for the A3 from various companies but are completely different in design to the system fitted on the R32 and do not sound anything like it.

squinty
26-04-2008, 10:06 PM
i knew it wouldntsound the sam ehowever i like the design opf it and was wanting to know if anyone knew who the manufacturer was, as i have been looking on the internet at Jetex magnes systems, and have found similar, but if i could find the R32 exhaust then i could get the dimensions and design for a custom exhaust.

Crasher
26-04-2008, 10:11 PM
The R32 system will be made by VW or one of its suppliers, the system is completely and utterly different to the one required by your car so knowing anything other than the diameter/spacing of the tail pipes is useless information.

M53494
27-04-2008, 11:02 PM
:boggled:

Crasher
28-04-2008, 10:45 AM
:confused: