PDA

View Full Version : vag com kit wanted for bora

craig8661
26-04-2008, 10:24 AM
wanting price for kit for my bora would be wanting software and usb lead to work on my laptop im running vista and xp pref vista was looking on hear and could only find the price in dollers my bora is a 2003 1.9tdi what version would mine be neading as been reading some are 4.9 or 5. something lol

dansansome
26-04-2008, 01:33 PM
i think you would be ok with a cable from eshrules for around £16 delivered (might be a bit more for N.I.) and download a copy of 409 shareware. this would get you up and running on XP. is you wanted it running on vista, you would need to buy direct from ross-tech to get their latest version of vag com. that would be around $230 + shipping and duty.

you can always register a shareware downloaded copy of 409 which would cost $99 for a license (from ross-tech) and would give you full 409 functionailty, but you would still need an aftermarket cable.

craig8661
26-04-2008, 08:10 PM
ok and if i brought a cable then the ross tech would that be renewable every year or just a one off fee

turbobugger
26-04-2008, 08:52 PM
I have the VAG COMMANDER 2.1 software and hardware.
I never figured out how to use it though

it works for BORA.

$80 shipped free

0they are sold all over the web and on

**REMOVED LINK TO SITE OFFERING PIRATE GOODS**

Uwe@Ross-Tech
27-04-2008, 03:21 PM
ok and if i brought a cable then the ross tech would that be renewable every year or just a one off fee

We've been in business for almost 8 years now and have never charged any kind of recurring fee, and software updates have always been free.

-Uwe-

Uwe@Ross-Tech
27-04-2008, 03:28 PM
I have the VAG COMMANDER 2.1 software and hardware.
I never figured out how to use it though

it works for BORA.

$80 shipped free

0they are sold all over the web

Yeah, lots of pirated stuff is sold all over the web, and often doesn't work correctly. Here's real source for VAG COMMANDER:

http://abritus72.com/vagcommander.html

This is highly specialized stuff -- not normal diagnostics.

-Uwe-

turbobugger
27-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Yes, that is vag commander's main website. I tried to buy the programmer from them but they referred me to their vendors. I think they offer software downloads.

craig8661
27-04-2008, 07:42 PM
well im going to save some pennys i dont intend to sell the car so i dont mind spending on a decent kit to make sure it stays right at the end of the day i kno if i buy the vag com from ross tech at least i kno i will get the sopport if i mess up so is the doller about half the price of pound still ie 200 dollers be 100 pound ish