PDA

View Full Version : Last day of warranty!!

Fish
25-04-2008, 12:24 PM
My 190 sline had a coil pack failure the other night on the way home from work on the very last day of my Audi extended warranty!
My local Audi center (Norwich) been pretty good tho, got it in the very next morning. Replaced two coil packs in the end all done by 9.30am!:D

golf tdi 02
25-04-2008, 12:40 PM
that was very decent of them
:beerchug:

blacksline
25-04-2008, 02:04 PM
i think my warranty is expiring soon, does anyone know if this can be extended?

RickT
25-04-2008, 04:32 PM
That was good of them..

i have know them to help people out even after a month or so depending on issue..

Rick

skymaster
25-04-2008, 05:31 PM
It's worth noting... that the manufactures warranty actually runs til the end of the last month in which the warranty ends. So if you buy your car on Feb 15th 2004, the warranty will run out on Feb 28th 2007.

Also a day or so late is also usually covered by a goodwill scheme, especially if it's a known fault.

thefreak
25-04-2008, 11:50 PM
I know a few ******** who do things like that. My cousin is a parts manager for Merc Benz. He said if you have your car serviced at the correct intervals by them, then even when the manufacturers warranty has expired and something goes wrong, they'll very often either honour the warranty, or pay a large chunk towards it. Even if you've not gone to them for the service, but bought original parts and it's on record, they will make a decent contribution...
Mind you they charge abour 20p short of £100 an hour labour! And that's only in the Midlands, it's even more in London and the S/E!

skymaster
26-04-2008, 01:02 AM
Oh yes. And for those who didn't get their cars serviced within the dealer network their good will gestures normally dont streatch too far. I remember when I worked at VW people would get new gear boxes 3 months out of warranty under the good will scheme. If it was 6 months they might get an offer of 70% cost coverage, or something like that.

But if the service schedule was not documented perfectly they would always reject the goodwill claims.

RickT
26-04-2008, 09:01 AM
I know a few ******** who do things like that. My cousin is a parts manager for Merc Benz. He said if you have your car serviced at the correct intervals by them, then even when the manufacturers warranty has expired and something goes wrong, they'll very often either honour the warranty, or pay a large chunk towards it. Even if you've not gone to them for the service, but bought original parts and it's on record, they will make a decent contribution...
Mind you they charge abour 20p short of £100 an hour labour! And that's only in the Midlands, it's even more in London and the S/E!

Without going off topic..

Im up in West Yorkshire and my local garage is £105.oo per hour..

Rick

bez101
26-04-2008, 01:00 PM
RiCk T you need to find a new local £105 thats bad i pay 40 an hour to a local and he was head bloke at sheffield audi and even at 40 an hour last time it was in he did all in all 6 hr and charged me 180 so good deal and hes spot an

TimmyTim
28-07-2008, 02:03 AM
RiCk T you need to find a new local £105 thats bad i pay 40 an hour to a local and he was head bloke at sheffield audi and even at 40 an hour last time it was in he did all in all 6 hr and charged me 180 so good deal and hes spot an

I'd like to know who he is so I could use him! I travel up to sheffield from time to time! Can you get his number for me please?

Cheers

Tim