PDA

View Full Version : Sat Nav, DVD & Phone Bluetooth For Golf Mk5

craigblues
25-04-2008, 11:18 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm buying a Golf Mk5 this week with luck, but interested in installing the VW Sat Nav DVD screen in the dash.

I'm curious to know if it comes with the Bluetooth for the phone too? or is that another addon you have to buy?

Any help would be much appreciated. :-)

makis32
26-04-2008, 05:24 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm buying a Golf Mk5 this week with luck, but interested in installing the VW Sat Nav DVD screen in the dash.

I'm curious to know if it comes with the Bluetooth for the phone too? or is that another addon you have to buy?

Any help would be much appreciated. :-)

No...
you have to buy the OEM basic or premium bluetooth kit.It is completly seperate unit ,and it fit it under the passenger seat!!
Here in Greece VW charge the bluetooth module only.....800 euros!!!!:zx11::aargh4::D

craigblues
27-04-2008, 10:15 AM
Really, Everything is at a premium with VW, really good quality though, so worth it. :-)

makis32
27-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Really, Everything is at a premium with VW, really good quality though, so worth it. :-)

Xmmmm.....I don't think so...
After a lot of search i found a guy from england who selling the premium kit only 300 euros including shipping cost to Greece,new in seald box.And it's not stolen.....:arms:
I think that, when you order some accesories for your car ,without install it of the begining .....the dealer told you price more expensive!!!
At least in Greece.....:D

nickgttdi
28-04-2008, 09:22 AM
Hi guys

Have the MFD2 sat-nav in mine, then retro fitted armrest/ CD changer plus this weekend did a Parrott bluetooth kit.

CD changer - £125 and easy enough
Bluetooth - £50 for the MK6000 (also plays MP3 off your mobile) plus £20 for the autoleads SOT-976.

On top of that, you'll need to get a switched live that, using Scothloks and a bit fused wire, that you can connect into the flying red of the SOT lead, all good.

I personally mounted the double microphone on top of the mirror using double sided tape and the controller on top of the blank buttons between ESP and W buttons. All sorted, looks kinda OEM due to the colours.

Any questions, please give me a shout

craigblues
28-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Cheers mate. I was thinking the Parrot Kit would solve a few problems.. I like the colour screen version (Parrot 3200 LS-COLOR)

We will see, I pick car up this week so i'll let you know what I do. :-)

Take it easy.

jabych
01-05-2008, 01:08 PM
No...
you have to buy the OEM basic or premium bluetooth kit.It is completly seperate unit ,and it fit it under the passenger seat!!
Here in Greece VW charge the bluetooth module only.....800 euros!!!!:zx11::aargh4::D

Makis32: I'm getting a GT Sport with the touch screen satnav ans would also like to use the mobile through it - can you where I'd find details of the "premium bluetooth kit" as I can't find any reference in the brouchure?

Cheers.

makis32
01-05-2008, 07:32 PM
Makis32: I'm getting a GT Sport with the touch screen satnav ans would also like to use the mobile through it - can you where I'd find details of the "premium bluetooth kit" as I can't find any reference in the brouchure?

Cheers.

Look here: http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p1024
for more speak with your dealer....
If you want i can give you a mail of person in england who sell kit cheaper.....

yochen
18-05-2008, 10:31 AM
hi @ all!

im completely new here, just registered ;) .... my usual home forum ist motor-talk (i'm modding @ the vw/g5 area) .... but i hope to be welcome here as well...

i've had a parrot ck3100 for years and was very happy with it. now i sold my old g5 and i am getting a new g5 variant - this time with MFL and MFA+, so i am very interested in this product: http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p1024 (http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p1024)

but the price is a horrible hammer .... so i am much more interested in a cheaper version.... i thought about the parrot again (CK3100 or 3200LS) and the multican option ... but there is only a connection to the MFL and not to the MFA display... kufatec's solution provides all i want to have...

what about a cheaper option sold somewhere else or from a different manufacturer?

@makis32: can you tell or send me the contact to the england person?

thanks and cheers!
jochen :beerchug:

fredrick2513
18-05-2008, 06:09 PM
Xmmmm.....I don't think so...
After a lot of search i found a guy from england who selling the premium kit only 300 euros including shipping cost to Greece,new in seald box.And it's not stolen.....:arms:
I think that, when you order some accesories for your car ,without install it of the begining .....the dealer told you price more expensive!!!
At least in Greece.....:D

would be very much interested in the bluetooth premium you found here makis32, If you could let me know of where you can get the kit from It would make my day:)
F.

thebarongroog
21-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Wouldn't bother with the factory sat nav systems, always go aftermarket they're much better: Most will play mp3,wma,aac,Divx, have ipod control or USB input, better sound quality and can be easily taken out when you sell the car and put into something else...Try http://www.bassjunkies.com/Multimedia/Double%20Din%20Units/Kenwood

yochen
22-05-2008, 08:17 AM
hi again!

indeed these systems look great, but the price is very high. aditionally i prefer the "original look" and the 3rd party systems most times do not feature using the phonebook in the cockpit display.... this is what i would have for christmas ;)

cheers, jochen

Robbie GTS
08-11-2015, 01:20 AM
Im looking for advice on what Bluetooth system to be installed in my 57plate mark V Golf, any help would be appreciated.