PDA

View Full Version : g reg 1990 polo c 1049 cc engine problem help pls

trickyriky
19-12-2006, 08:34 PM
hi to any1 reading this i have a huge problem with my 1 litre polo it cuts out as and when it pleases even between gear changes and it randomly wont tick over either but starts with out problem as long as i keep my foot on the accelerater i have turned the tickover right up to try and stop the stalling but it still conks out for no reason between gearchanges and even sat at lights and it is also drinking fuel for fun 30 mpg if im lucky with some white smoke occasionally but it also randomly looses power and i have to dip the clutch n rev the nuts off it to stop it from dying, im wondering if its the timing does any1 know if it is all marked up ready for the new cam belt to jus b put on n lined up wiv the markings or anything.

i would grately appreciate and help with this as i cant put up with it any more and cant afford to change car for a good 6 month :mad:

tricky

MrE
02-06-2007, 06:57 PM
Hi Tricky, have a good seach through this forum 'cause what you have described above has plagued others. There is a host of things to check, most of which are noted on the other threads. I would definatly suggest getting a haynes manual for starters... it will save a lot of guess work.
Hope this is of some help to you.
Good luck
Paul.