PDA

View Full Version : radiator fan not working

jamesaudi
19-12-2006, 08:09 PM
Hi, i'm new here and judging by the state of my 80, you'll be hearing lots from me !

Amongst other problems, my radiator fan is not working. I have bridged the connectors on the fan switch ( on the bottom of the rad ) and the fan turns. I replaced the part but its still not working. I also have cold start problems, it's fine when she fires up, but after a few minutes starts to missfire and cough a bit. After another few minutes its fine again. Are they related ?

Cheers, james.

brd
08-01-2007, 11:28 AM
I think for the fan, you need to change the temperature sender mounted on the bottom corner of the rad... had a similar problem a few years ago with a 1993 80. I got one from a breakers for half nothing and sorted it out.... very easy to change... and if you do it quick enough, only a bit of coolant will drain out which you can just top up (although a coolant flush and change is never a bad idea). Be careful the car doen't overheat, as then we may not hear much more from you about the car other than the tow trip to the breakers! ;-)