PDA

View Full Version : Supagard - any good?

belly buster
24-04-2008, 01:52 PM
Getting close to delivery now!

I'm thinking of getting the interior/exterior protection kit @ £295. It might be supagard or the equivalent from my dealer. My kids make plenty of mess with chocolate, mud, spills etc. which didn't bother me too much on my Peugeot but I want to keep the Audi in better nick.

Not sure as to the value - I know on an old edition of the Apprentice the sales team got big commission on selling this sort of stuff.

What are people's experiences with this?

BB

moptisam2
25-04-2008, 10:31 AM
I put a similar treatment for the outside (made by a company I worked for, so I knew the quality) on the A4 I bought 3 years ago, and I'm glad I did. It is much easier to wash. For the car that I will hopefully be collecting at the end of June I have asked for the car to have the external coating applied. I would use the stuff I used before but it took a long time to apply. As for the inside, I was shown a test of water beading on a sample of prepared cloth. When I took it home and tried mud, the results were awful - so I'm just going for the external protection.

Why not go to the garage where you are thinking of getting the car from and ask for a sample of prepared cloth/upholstery, and try it out on the 'problems' the inside of your car will face when you get it home?