PDA

View Full Version : A few niggling problems

Marc97
24-04-2008, 02:13 AM
So I've had my '96 A4 1.8 for a little while now and done a hell of a lot of work but there are some things I can't get any answers to:

1) Interior lights don't work when I open a door (any door), no matter what position the switches are in. The light works when the ignition is switched off and when the door is unlocked.

2) Central locking works when it feels like it. I've tried a different pump and its exactly the same (intermittent). Usually have to have 5 or 10 attempts with the alarm or door lock before the CL pump will wake up. It just clicks when its not working. Today it also started pumping while the engine is running and when I am sat in the car with the engine off, ignition off, doors unlocked although this doesn't have any effect on the position of the door locks.

3) Flat battery in a morning. Can't figure out why, had 2 batterys on it and tested battery drain on the car. Its using 0.54 amps with the car switched off although with the alarm off also. Is this ok?

4) Around 25 mpg average around town. Is this normal, I'm not heavy footed and I'm driving the car like there are eggs under the throttle pedal trying to be as economical as possible and always inside the speed limit (30mph) in as high a gear as possible. The car sits and idles for about 15 - 20 mins per day waiting for the Mrs to come out of work. Seems thirsty to me but the idling might be having more of an effect than I give credit for.

5) Can't find a decent enough priced LPG kit for it, all are more than the car is worth (although I only gave £400 for it :D )

Any ideas kind people?

Cheers.

Marc97
24-04-2008, 11:41 PM
Update on the Central Locking.....its died completely. Replaced the pump (early single vaccum type, no RCL) and still no life. Does anybody know which modules and fuses/relays all have a part in making the central locking work?

Cheers.