PDA

View Full Version : Break Warning Light on Dashoard Flashes

Durness
19-12-2006, 03:32 PM
During the last few days a Break warning light has started to flash and sound on my Audi A4 1.9TDI SE 2003 the moment I start the car and during almost every right bend/turn I take in the car! It's becoming more sensitive to turns and therefore more frequent.

The brake fluid level seems fine as does actual breaking.

I'm of course going to the garage with the problem, but just wonder how urgent it is as I only need to use the car for a further couple of days and then it's off the road for a month until I return home.

So just wondering if anyone has had experience with this problem or have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

adamss24
19-12-2006, 03:41 PM
Check/replace brake pads as they might be worn out.

RickT
23-12-2006, 01:14 AM
depending with A4 you have... you have 2 sensors on the front to pads which monitor the pad level.. and also the DIS monitors the fulid (if i remember correctly)

in simple terms,
once the pads go down the fluid drops as it has to fill the system as the pads depth reduces.. if your brake level fuld is only at 50% when new pads are installed this could be the reason...

DO NOT TOP UP THE FULID UNTILL ALL PADS HAVE BEEN REPLACED!!

as above dont insert new fluid as when new pads are installed it will reserve the effect and the level will rise...

Please can you explain in greater detail the warning light you have,, ideally a photo would be great!

Cheers

RickT

indian jalepeno
02-07-2007, 10:53 PM
Hi all, well the car went in for an Indy cam belt/service today. Was only expecting a £500 bill but came up to over £600!! OK I thought, decent enough guy who has been very helpful, but he informed me that the Brake warning light is on (3 bleeps)-wasn't before)) and the handbrake light flashes.

Wasn't expecting to take the car away with more head scratching problems, I now have this.

Part of his service was to totally flush out the brake fluid system as this was pretty black. He claimed after two attempts at bleeding the brakes it took nearly 5 litres of G12? fluid. The brakes had only been replaced a few months back and he said they were all fine. In fact, he even checked the speed sensors and all other fluids and even he is stumped. Could it be a simple thing of sensor being loose? and can I reset the DIS without having to change the pads, as like I mentioned before, these are nearly new.
I also believe that this warning light cost me over a ton extra during the fault finding process:(

With all the rain as well, could this be a factor?
Thanks in advance chaps
IJ