PDA

View Full Version : A3 Emissions Control Sys Light.

John Paterson
23-04-2008, 06:27 PM
Hi,
I bought an A3 2.0 FSI sport (53) 6 months ago and I've had no end of problems too numerous and diverse to list.

However, if any one has any ideas about my latest problem I'd be grateful.
Here's a list of symptoms,

1. Twice in the last 3 weeks when idling and warm the engine revs itself, the rev counter needle pulses between 0.9 and 1.2 x revs.

2. Yesterday whilst on the motorway the Emissions Contol System light flashed for about 10 seconds.

3. Today, every time I start the engine the Emissions and Engine Management lights stay on for 1 to 2 seconds and the engine sounds rough on start up before running OK.

4. The emissions smell quite rich and my fuel consumption seems very slightly high.

5. Occasionally there is an initial very small stutter when accelerating gently.

Are all of these issues related? Any thoughts would be apprieciated.

Thanks JP. (this is my first post ever on any forum!):(

kenney
23-04-2008, 07:34 PM
Hi You need to have a fault code read to see what is wrong

John Paterson
23-04-2008, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the reply,
I'm booked in tomorrow morning at the dealers so I presume that's what they'll do first.
Just trying to get a bit of knowledge of possible causes. I've found it's a good idea to throw a few suggestions at them early to help speed up the process and cut down on the number of re-visits for the same problem.

JP.

John Paterson
24-04-2008, 03:23 PM
My A3 went in today and the service dept found the problem straight away.
It was a faulty coil on one of the cylinders. They had one in stock and fitted it while I waited (90mins).
Latest problem over, I wonder what the next one will be and when??

JP.