PDA

View Full Version : A4 in white

s2kjames
23-04-2008, 03:29 PM
A neighbour of mine has borrowed an A4 for the week to use in a wedding car convoy this Saturday (apparently his step-father has 3 Audi dealerships in the North East), and its in white, with the 5 spoke 18" alloy upgrade and red leather.

It looks beautiful! I know white is a love it or hate it colour, and it wouldn't have been my personal choice, but I can't deny how fantastic it looks.

First one I have seen in this colour, and with the red leather it really looks the biz.

Its making me very tempted towards white.

psiron
23-04-2008, 04:28 PM
I agree white looks the muts nuts. My only problem is I know at some stage I would start to regrey not picking black or silver, white gets a little bland over a period of time in my opinion.

White looks ace on the gti and a4 it must be said however..............

RichardCranium
23-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Its probably this one http://usedcars.audi.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=501963213# (http://usedcars.audi.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=501963213)#

Looking forward to getting my white one, in about 6 weeks (hopefully)

s2kjames
24-04-2008, 08:04 AM
It is indeed that very same one.

lalbert
28-04-2008, 08:16 AM
Hi, I just picked up mine :-). Is a 1.8T, white, s-line with 18" 5 spoke wheels.
I like it very very much ...

The white is not the usual black or silver like every second audi what you see on the road.

I will post some pictures ...

gilesw08
28-04-2008, 12:37 PM
yes pics please - picking mine up on saturday - 1.8 turbo in black. cant wait.

s2kjames
28-04-2008, 12:40 PM
Hi, I just picked up mine :-). Is a 1.8T, white, s-line with 18" 5 spoke wheels.
I like it very very much ...

The white is not the usual black or silver like every second audi what you see on the road.

I will post some pictures ...

I didn't think the S lines were being delivered yet ?

mkc
28-04-2008, 02:35 PM
Please post pictures of your S Line........ not seen one yet other than the usual stock photos. I want to see if the grill is any different than standard, I have an Audi internal document that claims the grill is more agressive........ is it?

lalbert
28-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Here there are some pictures. I made them on the day when I took the car, you will see it still with Audi A4 "plate number"

lalbert
28-04-2008, 08:39 PM
One more :-)
Bought the car in Germany, left side steering wheel model.

mkc
28-04-2008, 09:05 PM
Very very nice. Is that a S Line badge on the boot too? The same as the ones on the wings?

The "Platinum Optic" front lip does not look that obvious on White. Is it a different colour as it looks white, unless its the way the sun is catching it. Has that been lowered the full 30mm?

You have made the wait for mine even worse now that you have shared those photos!:(

mkc
28-04-2008, 09:08 PM
:D:DThe "chromed rolled exhaust"does not look that obvious either from those photos? Do you have any largerclose upshots!? Any of the interior too?

HighwayTG
28-04-2008, 09:22 PM
lalbert,

I'm little confused, the front grill doesn’t look like what I'd expect on the s-line, it's completely different from the publicity pictures that Audi have published, it should look very similar to the a5 grill.

... also shouldn’t there by side skirts fitted ??

mkc
28-04-2008, 09:41 PM
I tend to agree but as Ive never seen one in the flesh, this was not what I was expecting:

The lip at the front should be a different colour, this looks white same as the car and on the standard and SE models

There should be chrome around the front foglights

Side skirts dont look that obvious

Ive seen some videos on YouTube (again I stress ive never seen one in the flesh) but the bumper part that holds the fog lights looks differnt on this white example

No Chrome exhaust on this one

S Line badge on the boot, all documentation ive seen from Audi only mentions the two on the wings

YOu got any close up or internal shots of the S Line emobossed seats of this car? Just does not look right to me, sorry

mkc
28-04-2008, 09:45 PM
COmpare the front of the car on this video and the rear bumper/diffuser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKd-GPhxiII

mkc
28-04-2008, 09:47 PM
....and another thing!

This white A4 does not have chrome arond the windows, even my SE demo had that.

Samurai1466
28-04-2008, 09:48 PM
I agree Highway. Also, the optic on the front doesn't appear different than the standard and SE models, not sure if this A4 has chrome around the front fog lights either.

I'm guessing that the 'agressive' front grill, optic, side skirts, etc, will be on the UK S Line model. It's going to be interesting to see the first photos of a UK S Line model.

With that said, lovely white car!
:drive:

HODG
29-04-2008, 12:05 AM
That isn't a proper S-line, he wheels and led lights are but the rest of the car is se spec,

no s-line front bumper, rear bumper or side skirts and exhaust pipes??? some pics of the inside would be worth a look !

still a nice motor tho

lalbert
29-04-2008, 06:28 AM
You have right there is not chrome on the exhaust pipe, there is no chrome arround the windows, the lips are white (car color) on 1.8T I think that on this European model this distinctive lines are just for the big engine, are for 3.2.

That's the benefit if a model appear (later) in UK , already is coming with some updates :-)

lalbert
29-04-2008, 06:29 AM
Second chapter ...

HODG
29-04-2008, 09:49 AM
lalbert , it looks nice mate !

mkc
29-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Blimey, so this is a "european" S Line, I take back what I said as this clearly has S Line interior and S Line badges down the side.

However, the UK S Line, even the smaller engines will have a different exterior, that you say, will only be available on larger engines in Europe?

Blimey thats a first, normally we get the smelly end of the stick over here!

I like the look of the S Line steering wheel! But it does not have MultiFunction and you have rear parking sensors which I was told would not be available on my S Line. MArketing eh!

Stunning looking car tho you luck person!

Samurai1466
29-04-2008, 01:01 PM
My word Audi love to make things confusing. So externally the 'European' S Line looks different than the UK S Line. Talk about muddying the waters Audi! :aargh4:

Lalbert... Did you opt for the 30mm lowering of the suspension on your car? Or, is this the 20mm standard S Line drop? I've found out that with a build week set, my dealer says he can't change my order for the 30mm drop. However, I suspect that the standard 20mm drop will be low enough for some of the rough UK roads. How does the suspension ride feel Lalbert?

steve1234
29-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Very interesting photos - looks great in white!! They also look like grey seats which I didn't think you could have on an S-Line.........

I had heard about this S-Line exterior thing as this is one of the reasons my dealer used for the amazingly long wait for a UK S-Line. Apparently the UK car was also supposed to have the option of an S-Line exterior pack over the S-Line option pack (like the cabriolet used to) and a lower spec but Audi UK refused it and changes where made.

The wait for me is nearly over as my black 2.0tdi S-Line is now at the dealer (Hoooooorah!) and I should have it soon! Not sure about the 18" wheels though so think there may be an upgrade coming already!!!! (Anybody want some 18s???!!!)

mkc
29-04-2008, 01:35 PM
You have to post some photos of your S Line ASAP please. how long now since its at the dealers you say? When did you order it?

Glad the UK Spec ones come with exterior and interior packages, would be annoyed if I had to order individually.

Did you get the Sport 20mm or S Line 30mm suspension setup?

Makes sense for Audi to provide both packages for the UK model as standard, as you would want all the trimmings. £2500 is a fair chunk of cash tho for some bits of plastic but we do get the £750 Xenon+ included in that price so its not bad i guess.

steve1234
29-04-2008, 01:46 PM
It turned up at the dealer yesterday but may not collect it till early next week (then it's going to be left in the Airport carpark!!).

I ordered it a long long long time ago!!! Having bought a number of cars from the dealer in the past they placed the order on the very first day that S-Line could be ordered, it was week 15 build.

It's got the 30mm lower suspension but no parking sensors. These are supposed to be fitted at the dealer before I get it. (also - Silver Stitching, Nav, Phone High, Sunroof, B&O, Cruise, Heated Seats, Hill hold & Ski Bag).

Looking forward to it!!!!

steve1234
29-04-2008, 02:10 PM
........... sorry, on the value for money thing I agree and think the S-Line is actually surprisingly good! When I was getting impatient I looked at the SE with bits.

To add sports seats, sport suspension, 18" wheels, Xenons (when there was an option price!!) you could spend a pretty penny. Plus on an S-line you get Aluminium trim, exterior styling, 1/2 leather etc etc.

Good value if you ask me, and the resale will be much stronger as an S-line.