PDA

View Full Version : Central door locking -- Doors won't open!!!

peegee
19-12-2006, 01:06 AM
Help... It is getting on my nerves this problem. The Central locking control unit has a fault and it is too costly at the moment to replace..around £300 for a new c/unit. The unit started ticking continuosly and then just stopped. The front doors will unlock with the key but the back doors will not open at all. Is there any way around this.I have tried to contact VW (GB) but there is only a dedicated site for garages and approved repaiers. My local dealers dont want to know.
Most locking systems once they fail are able to be opened manually NOT a VW Sharan. What if there was an accident..Also my passengers canot enter the vehicle at all unless they can climb over the seats.

tenet222
21-12-2006, 02:57 PM
i to have a problem with my '97 passat whereby the nearside rear passenger door is locked shut. Any suggestions on how to gain access?

tenet222

sh4h99
09-01-2007, 11:47 AM
hi i had similar problem my central locking ecu went dead it is under the passenger seat you can take it out and if you go to ebay you will find that some people will sell you a guide on how to work the locking without ecu but your interior lights and alarm wont work you have to get ecu if you want everything to work again i have tried this it does work but got fed up without interior lights so i bought ecu from ebay £125.
i did have the guide somewhere not sure where i put it. dont know about passat sorry

tenet222
10-01-2007, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the info. It would appear that the ccu is not at fault(?) as i peeled back carpet and there did not appear to be any damage or water ingress-in addition all other functions work viz lights remote locking(apart from rear door)etc. The only concern is that the curtesy light now flickers when the doors are manually locked(remote hasnt worked because i havnt replaced battery) and the red diode on the driver door no longer flashes.Perhaps i am deluding myself re ccu. Any further suggestions on how to get in without resorting to a pickaxe?

sh4h99
15-01-2007, 04:20 PM
hi tennet222 have not been on the internet for a while i am not sure what your problem is with door but i think that locking mechanism is jammed or not working i think you will have to got to a mechanic im sure they will know how to get it open

tenet222
21-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Well I finally had to go to a non franchised garage. They tried everything but finally had to remove rear seat to get better access to door card. Upshot being shot locking mechanism £70, new transponder unit for remote locking £45 with labour and vat a cool £261. Pleased to report that everything appears to work correctly.