PDA

View Full Version : legal number plates.

buzmuzguz
23-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Hi, I’ve just been caught with my German style pressed number plates. I really can’t be bothered to leave them on and get caught again even tho they look so much better than the standard ones, so does anyone know if you can get legal pressed number plates in the legal font? Or does any one know of some cool legal number plates styles??

big_tom
24-04-2008, 10:09 AM
you can get ritish font pressed plates, but they're still illegal. THE ONLY style of plate that's legal in the u.k. is u.k. font, on acrylic plates, white on the front, yellow on the back, unless the car is pre 1973. However, if you want u.k. font pressed plates, try http://www.plateman.co.uk

oliverbrabec
26-04-2008, 04:28 PM
are they the black and silver pressed plates, i have them on my golf, did they fine you or just give you a warning and tell you to remove them?

buzmuzguz
26-04-2008, 07:13 PM
i had the german white front and yellow back pressed metal plates with the D euro badge. They gave me a warning and told me to get rid of them. Other people have had fines tho.

Oddball
30-04-2008, 11:20 PM
Damn stupid laws. I had smaller plates on mine, about 2/3 the width of the normal ones. Looked quite good I have to say, even though I was pulled for them, only cause the numbers and letters are closer together.