PDA

View Full Version : Golf ararm going off constantly

pgarner
23-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Hey all

the wifes car (53 1.6 match ) has a problem with the alarm. Basically it will go off within 30 seconds of locking the car. shes found out that pressing the interior alarm button ( inside of the driver door ) stops this from happening.
so me thought disabling the interior monitoring through vagcom. but still goes off unless you push the button.

does anybody have any ideas on how to fix this ?

pgarner
23-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Sorry should have said scanned the central convenience system and no fault codes were found

Crasher
23-04-2008, 01:46 PM
You need to know the last trigger which can be found in Measuring Blocks 08. Do the tailgate and bonnet open warnings on the dash work? I agree that it sounds like interior sensors though, it is a common problem and they are very expensive parts.

pgarner
23-04-2008, 01:59 PM
the boot light works i didnt think there was one for the bonnet through but will check tomorrow along with checking out the measuring blocks.

i thought that disableing the sensors would have helped but nothing

cheers for the advise crasher will let you know how i get on

pgarner
07-07-2008, 10:35 PM
ok been a while but finally seemed to have this fixed.

the car started to rev on its own a couple of times reving up to 1400 rpm from idle and the temp gauge was dropping away, and alternator workshop came on twice within a week. put it into an vw independent that was local and they confirmed that the coolant sensor was away ( i couldnt check it for some reason when i connected vagcom up it couldnt connect to the engine controller ). She, the wife, told them about the alarm problem and you had to switch off the interior monitoring switch otherwise the alarm would go off even after id disabled it via vagcom, said they'd look at it to.

After changing the coolant temp the locked the car without pressing the button and it never went off, that was last week. They seem to think that the coolant sensor was doing more confusing things to the car as well

thanks for the help you gave crasher much appreciated