PDA

View Full Version : TDI start up Problems

Robj
22-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Hi,

My Seat Leon Cupra TDi 150 on a 04 is struggling starting after periods left standing. To start with the problem was first thing in the morning after being stood all night and last thing at night after being stood all day.

It fires eventually but after alot of turning over. once started you can switch off and then it will fire straight up everytime from then on.

I Have changed the fuel pump in the tank, T Peice on fuel filter, Temp Sensor, Glow plugs checked. just changed the tandem fuel pump too.

Problem seems to be worse now. only leave the car an hour and it takes ages to get going.

Has anybody had the same problem?

Munsterman71
18-07-2009, 05:28 PM
Hi,

My Seat Leon Cupra TDi 150 on a 04 is struggling starting after periods left standing. To start with the problem was first thing in the morning after being stood all night and last thing at night after being stood all day.

It fires eventually but after alot of turning over. once started you can switch off and then it will fire straight up everytime from then on.

I Have changed the fuel pump in the tank, T Peice on fuel filter, Temp Sensor, Glow plugs checked. just changed the tandem fuel pump too.

Problem seems to be worse now. only leave the car an hour and it takes ages to get going.

Has anybody had the same problem?
Hi Robj,

Did you ever solve the problem??

I have the same fault with a Golf 130Gt Tdi & was going to look at the tandem pump next.

Munsterman

aBoijj
18-07-2009, 11:40 PM
Silly question, but have either of you checked the battery?

peter cutmore
04-08-2009, 10:36 PM
Give the battery an overnight charge then try it in the morning