PDA

View Full Version : Window winder handles on 1.0 Lupo SE

Rookwise
28-02-2005, 08:18 PM
:aargh4:

Need some help on my Lupo that I've owned for 5 days.

Could anybody tell me how to remove the winder handles on my Lupo. Its a 2000 model. I want to replace them with a set of chrome handles.
I think its the same as a Vauxhall winder handle which uses a clip to hold it in place but I cannot see anything holding them in place.

stuart
28-02-2005, 09:00 PM
Hi

Thanks for joining the site.

Looking at the picture I have, the winder winder handle splits in two halves, with the front part splitting from the rear. There will then be a screw that hold them onto the mechanism.

Hope this helps.

Stuart

Rookwise
28-02-2005, 09:22 PM
I thought of that as well but was'nt sure. The outer part of the handle has a soft rubber/plastic feel to it but I could'nt see how it was connected and was starting to damage the handle. Is the inner part of the handle made from steel ?
I managed to get the cover off from the rotating part on the winder but theres juat a hole straight through as if its clipped onto the handle arm. I did also see some clips that seem to hold the top piece in place. Think I'll have another look when it's light again.

Thanks

stuart
28-02-2005, 09:36 PM
I thought of that as well but was'nt sure. The outer part of the handle has a soft rubber/plastic feel to it but I could'nt see how it was connected and was starting to damage the handle. Is the inner part of the handle made from steel ?
I managed to get the cover off from the rotating part on the winder but theres juat a hole straight through as if its clipped onto the handle arm. I did also see some clips that seem to hold the top piece in place. Think I'll have another look when it's light again.

Thanks

Hi

I will email you a picture to show how the handle should come aparts.

Stuart

Rookwise
28-02-2005, 09:40 PM
That would be great. Thankyou. As you can probably tell. This is my first Volkswagon :p
My last car was a Mitsubishi Pajero J Top which has now gladly bee sold.

stuart
28-02-2005, 09:42 PM
Just about to send email now.

Glad to help, that is why I started this site.

STuart

Rookwise
28-02-2005, 09:54 PM
Got the pic Stuart. Thanks.

Rookwise
01-03-2005, 09:57 PM
All sorted now. Just needed to pull back on the outer section and it unclips. Hard to do though :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/Staz081277/Lupo/Lupopics2.jpg

stuart
01-03-2005, 10:28 PM
Hi

Glad your all sorted!!

Thanks for the pictures, could you just resize them a little smaller, make it easier to fit on smaller screens;)

Stuart

Rookwise
01-03-2005, 10:40 PM
Thanks. Pic should be sorted now (sorry)

stuart
01-03-2005, 10:46 PM
Thanks for that, just makes it easier on a small screen

Stuart

TJM
06-04-2007, 10:22 AM
I have a problem in that the winder came off in my hand ! It looks like the screw has simply come loose.

I tried to access the picture of a split winder handle in this post but is wasn't available.

Could someone give me some detailed instructions how to split the winder in two (front from back). It appears to slide but I'm not sure where it is being retained and I don't want to force it without knowing how it comes apart.

Thanks !

TJM
09-04-2007, 07:50 PM
I held the top with some mole crips and hit the handle in a downwards direction with a hammer. Came open easily and no damage.

Just thought I'd let you all know.