PDA

View Full Version : KO4's on my Allroad. Did I open a can of worms?

jeffski1
22-04-2008, 01:39 AM
Hello all. First timer to this forum. Looks great and I look forward to learning about my car and engine.

I have an Audi Allroad 2.7T with a 6 speed (took a while to find one), which I bought about a year and half ago. LOVE IT! Great car. Well, was great until.....SMOKE, smoke and more smoke started pouring out of the tail pipes. Ends up, one of the turbos cut loose. So....what to do? Rebuild the bad turbo? Nah. Replace it? Nah. Two new KO3's? Maybe, but feels like a missed opportunity. How about two new KO4's? Now we're talkin'. So that's what I did. HOWEVER...I think I openned a can of worms. The car no run so well when WOT. The car starts to pull strong when I floor it, but then the power dies all of a sudden, like someone pulling the reigns and saying "WHOA Nelly! Where do you think you're going?" My guess--the computer no likey all the air the new turbos are throwing at it and going into self preservation mode of some kind.

So now I need to edjumacate myself on my options. Probably needs more gas to go with all the air. So what to do? Bigger injectors? Higher flow fuel pump? Maybe just tweak the computer? I don't know. But hopefully I can find some answers here.

Cheers,
Jeff

RickT
28-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Hello and Welcome to the forum!!

Please can you drop the above question into the section for your model of car, You will get more views and an answer from one of our members,

Cheers

Rick