PDA

View Full Version : VW N00b alert..

B0ff
21-04-2008, 11:14 PM
Hi all, I've been lurking on here for a few days since I put a deposit on my first VW at the weekend, I'm collecting it this Thursday. My previous car was a Lexus IS200 which has been superbly reliable but a little thirsty, hence the change. To be honest I'm a little dismayed at all the reports of problems on here, especially the water leaks. The car drove well when I tested it and it has a good warranty so the mechanical side is less of a worry (for now), can someone please summarise where the usual water leaks are and how they can be fixed/prevented, that will then be my first priority when I get it.

TDI 130 Highline Estate 54 91k

Hex69
22-04-2008, 09:09 AM
B0ff

it's all in here,
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=23621

and in many other places on the forum if you look :(

but don't worry about it, as long as you know about the problem and keep a regular eye out for it, there's nothing to worry about.:D

Hex

B0ff
22-04-2008, 11:42 AM
Much obliged, I have read through a lot of posts on here and saw several references to leaks, I was just seeking a definitive list or FAQ on the subject. :D

ROYKEANE
22-04-2008, 07:08 PM
hi boff,welcome to the forum mate.

the main one is the rubber bung under the battery tray,make sure its been removed.my old man found out the hard way,so when i bought mine it was the first thing we looked for.

i havent had any other problems with water to date.

roy

B0ff
22-04-2008, 07:22 PM
Cheers Roy, I'll check that.
:beerchug: