PDA

View Full Version : OEM Bluetooth & ConcertII - Voice Dialing etc.

yanco
21-04-2008, 10:52 PM
Hi guys,

I have a 2006 A3 Sportsback (8P) with Concert II and Multi Function Steering heel (MFSW).
I would like to purchase the newest OEM BT module and was wondering if you could please help me with the following issues:

Voice Dialing:
----------------
I understand that voice dialing is possible when using the OEM BT module in conjunction with the RNS systems.
Would it be possible to use the voice dialing function of the BT module with my simple Concert II system?
(like I use the voice dialing on my mobile phone when it is paired with a BT headset...)

MFSW + DIS Features:
----------------------------
Could someone please confirm that MFSW controls and DIS display features work properly when the OEM BT module is installed with a Concert II system?

Microphone wiring:
-----------------------
When retrofitting the OEM microphone to the control unit on the roof - is there a microphone cable already installed there, or would I need to run a cable all the way up there myself?
(my car was NOT ordered with any of the telephone features)

Your help is much appreciated...
Alon

alexmof
18-12-2008, 08:35 PM
I got my A3 Sportsback with a BT already fitted and works just fine with the Concert II system. As for the microphone cabeling, I wouldnt be able to tell.
You may also want to have a look at Parrot BT units, they claim it works seemless with the buttons on your wheel though I have not tried it.

Alex

a8 tech
18-12-2008, 08:50 PM
you need to retro fit the mic there is no pre wiring for this so order the bt mic (from audi)and fit it to the interior light then make a loom to the bt unit
the push to talk function will work from the mfsw
the dis will display all functions including phone book if your phone is approved and the correct firmware installed
you need to code the bt unit code the mfsw change the dash adaption channels and code and adapt the radio
you can also retro fit shark fin aerial and run a coax to the bt unit.
If you source your loom from kuftec then look at this easier option http://www.fiscon-mobile.eu/products/fis_audi.php