PDA

View Full Version : 97 Tdi Passat Rear Door stuck

mcfafrad
21-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Ok, new on here and looking for a bit of help. The rear OS door on my Passat won't open- it locks/unlocks with the central locking, the exterior door handle operates the mechanism that should open the door (I've had the trim panel off both sides to compare) but the door won't open. I can't open it from the inside as the child lock is on. Pulling on the exterior handle doesn't really meet any resistance - it fells as though it's still locked.

Any ideas???!!!!!! I've poked and prodded at the mechanism with a screwdriver, I've pulled the other door apart and looked at the mechanism that works but I can't see a way of unlatching the door.

Aaaaaarrrrrrgggghhhh.:zx11:

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

evobaz
27-07-2009, 01:30 AM
I realise that this is an old thread but did you have any luck fixing your problem?

My dads rear driverside door has recently started giving him problems. It locks/unlocks fine but can only be opened from the INSIDE. When trying the handle from the outside it does nothing.

Having compared it to my own Passat it appears that there's a small bit of plastic missing from the inside of the handle - see attached picture.

Anyone know how hard it is to change the whole handle (or even just the pictured bit of plastic?)

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a377/evobaz/passatdoor.jpg

Cheers
Baz