PDA

View Full Version : Audi A6 Avant 1.9TDI 115 se without CD!!!!

crashball75
18-12-2006, 12:07 PM
hello all I am just in the process of buying my first Audi and Horror of horrors it has no CD Player! I would like to keep the original audio system but at the same time I dont play tapes and really need a CD player

Anyone suggest what are the easiest (and most cost effective) options for getting the CD player. can I add to the existing unit or do I take out and replace?

Froggy
19-12-2006, 05:12 PM
How old is the car - and do you know what head unit is in it at the moment?

dgh938peg
19-12-2006, 05:36 PM
I am pretty sure that the wiring loom should be able to take the Concert head unit (which mine has) without any chopping of wires. I know the Symphony (top-of-the-range) has an external amp. The concert has a single slot CD. You will be able to find a good number of these cheap on the well known auction site.

Thanks, Audimandan:biglaugh:

Froggy
22-12-2006, 11:01 AM
All A6 models have amplified rear speakers, regardless of spec. If you have the Bose option then all the speakers are amplified.

This means whatever you fit will have to have at least a rear pre-out and the appropriate converter lead.

Assuming you have a Concert I tape unit, you can easily add a multi-changer to it or even an Ipod with a suitable adapter.

chrispyg
28-12-2006, 11:12 AM
I surgest that you have a look on ebay if you want the original type of cd player as a visit to the audi dealer can be very expensive and i would not be wanting to put a after market cd player in my dash.
i have looked recently and there are single slot cd's and multi changers available.

regards chrispyg

adamss24
29-12-2006, 12:49 AM
The stereo will need codding anyway with a vag com to tell the stereo wich sound/speaker system is in the car as each model has different equaliser settings and the bose system is all amplifid and running 2 ohms ! You dont need to do that only if the head unit commes from the same model with the same speaker set-up and with the same head unit ! See one of the my older posts as there is a link to a chinese guy website that explains it all. I am on my other laptop and dont have the link saved in my favorites ! Hope this helps.

nix sg
30-03-2007, 07:41 PM
i had the same issue wheni got mine, and i jus went down halfords and had then install a 6 cd sony changer to my bose system (yes i kno, but i cant afford an audi cd changer, im a starving student!) and it set me back about 200 quid, and jus took a day to fit it all in.
sounds sweet
:D

buster
30-03-2007, 11:56 PM
i had the same issue wheni got mine, and i jus went down halfords and had then install a 6 cd sony changer to my bose system (yes i kno, but i cant afford an audi cd changer, im a starving student!) and it set me back about 200 quid, and jus took a day to fit it all in.
sounds sweet
:D

I went down to the local Audi centre and bought the stacker unit for my old A4 1.9tdi. Went home, took the left hand panel off (In the load area in the avant) unscrewed the CD carrier, which is an integral part of the car, screwed the CD unit in, plugged in the cable already there, and put the carrier back.

Job done.

I was told at the time that there were two different ypes, so make sure you get the right one, and check the cable is there first.

Niall76
31-03-2007, 10:59 AM
Is the plug in the boot so you could just get the 6 disc changer and slap it in?

buster
31-03-2007, 11:28 AM
Is the plug in the boot so you could just get the 6 disc changer and slap it in?

It was in mine yes.

Best to check its there before you go to ebay though. Mine was an estate so I just pulled of the cover and looked through the CD bracket, and there should be a cable with a plug on the end of it. Mine looked like a standard din plug, there are different types though.

Then the concert system just recognised it was there and it worked.

nix sg
01-04-2007, 03:48 PM
as long as there is a plug for the cable to go into then it should be all fine, as you could just buy a software adaptor and plug that in so it shouldnt matter which brand of cd changer you get.